Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Harder
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of us old guys played a round of Mystic Wood (Avalon Hill Edition) as our last game of week of vacation gaming. Britomart ran away with the Prince before George could even slay the Ox - let alone the Dragon. Two players can be interesting - you certainly do pile up the goodies.

The game appears endless in its odd situations that appear - this game was no different. This time the Horse ended up on the Island. Since I was after the horse, I naturally decided that since there was no path for the horse to run, the horse was caught.

Any other thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonzo Smith
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
Vie by Victory Point Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
You did the proper action: the horse is yours.

The card says, "runs... if possible; otherwise befriends." The horse could not run off the island so it is yours for the taking.

As for the number of odd situations: odd situations are the reason why we play fantasy games!

>>My reply to "The game appears endless in its odd situations that appear - this game was no different. This time the Horse ended up on the Island. Since I was after the horse, I naturally decided that since there was no path for the horse to run, the horse was caught.

Any other thoughts?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Donnelly
Canada
Comox Valley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
alfonzos (#39243),

I don't know if I'd ever given this any thought in the past, but it seems to me the Horse can swim faster than you can, so it escapes from the Island (provided there is a path). And I don't think he would actually run inside the Cave. However, I wouldn't care to be dogmatic on either of these points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenyon Manderson
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
SkookumPete (#39264),

I agree - I think if there are valid paths leading off the tile (even though it's the island or cave) the horse will run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what does the Illusion card do? It does say bidding for you what does this mean as there is no mention of bidding that I can see?shake
Thanx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Donnelly
Canada
Comox Valley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Dirty Harry (#74175),

Presuming you are not pulling our leg, "does your bidding" means that it does what you tell it to do, i.e. it goes to the area of your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.