Next War: Poland» Forums » Rules

Subject: NWP - US Supply points and Air Superiority combat query rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Palmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Extended Build Up scenario it states that US gets 3 supply points each turn. The initial allocation for Allied is 40 supply points and these are shown on track using NATO Supply Counter however I can't find a US Supply Counter to indicate their supply allocation, do they use the NATO counter?

The AWACS for turn 2 is 3 for Allied so I've allocated 3 separate Allied air engagements to 1 Non Allied for first engagement. First attack is Stand off as neither have Long Range, US unit fired first and got an abort against the NA unit. As there are 3 against 1 (separate combats) does the aborted unit get a shot back or is it only the 1 NA that's allocated to his opponent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nescaff wrote:
In the Extended Build Up scenario it states that US gets 3 supply points each turn. The initial allocation for Allied is 40 supply points and these are shown on track using NATO Supply Counter however I can't find a US Supply Counter to indicate their supply allocation, do they use the NATO counter?

Yes.

Quote:
The AWACS for turn 2 is 3 for Allied so I've allocated 3 separate Allied air engagements to 1 Non Allied for first engagement. First attack is Stand off as neither have Long Range, US unit fired first and got an abort against the NA unit. As there are 3 against 1 (separate combats) does the aborted unit get a shot back or is it only the 1 NA that's allocated to his opponent?

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. When setting up the Air Superiority Battle and after all air units have been allocated to the Air Superiority Box by both sides, the AWACs Advantage player sets up engagements according to the level. In this case, the Allies would set up three engagements of one Allied air unit vs one non-Allied air unit; then the non-Allied would set up a single engagement. So, in this case described, there are 4 air units on each side (8 total). Each air unit is engaging an enemy unit. During resolution, if the Allied air unit Aborts its opponenent in Stand Off, the opponent gets to fire since Stand off is simultaneous.

I hope that helps because it sounds as if, perhaps, you're not playing correctly. In other words, you can't ever have a 3 against 1 situation. At most, you can have two to one, and only if you run out of enemy air units when setting up engagements.

See if this video helps:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Palmer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mitch I've got it now. I was confused with how to allocate the AWACS advantage of 3 and got it into my head that I'd have to allocate 3 units against the 1 unit. I understand that you can only have a max of 2/1 and got myself wondering if I had missed something, ironically I got it right on the first turn but started to doubt I had once I got this AWACS differential into my head,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.