Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Aerion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I manipulate the deck in the middle of replenishing the display? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Let's say I had a bad turn and the display is empty.

In the Replenish phase, after revealing cards from some decks but not all of them, can I pause and use a book/egg to put a card on top of a deck before placing it in the display?

I might want to do that if none of the cards revealed so far are what I need. This lets me use a book only when I really need it.

The rules say books and eggs can be used at any point, but this feels like cheating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would say that this is fine. I am yet to play myself (hopefully I will get this on Thursday!) but reading the rules for books it says "During any phase, you can discard a Book card" and for eggs "At any time during your turn".

Since replenish is a phase and is clearly listed as part of a turn in the rules then it seems clear to me that you are not cheating, and that what you describe is perfectly ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m playing the game now.

I say yes, by the rules for Books on page 8: "During any phase, you can discard a Book card to take up to two discarded Element cards (not Book cards) from the discard pile and place them on top of their original deck in any order." I needed to do this to recover a needed Blueprint.

Did you catch the rule on page 10 under Replenish? "If there are no cards remaining in a deck, that deck remains empty for the rest of the game." I’m interpreting that to mean that once a deck is emptied, I cannot use the Book action to put up to two cards back onto it. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Immediately after that quote is
Quote:
If you discard a Book card to retrieve cards from a discard pile, and that deck has no cards remaining, the retrieved cards form the corresponding deck
so I wouldn't read "for the rest of the game" so literally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Durkin
United States
Corte Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
Immediately after that quote is
Quote:
If you discard a Book card to retrieve cards from a discard pile, and that deck has no cards remaining, the retrieved cards form the corresponding deck
so I wouldn't read "for the rest of the game" so literally.

Oh, nice! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.