Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Jandt
United States
Watertown
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When players are resting there really is nothing for them to do but skip their turn. Is playing more than one hero the only option to limit this downtime?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor McAusland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The way I interpret resting stance: you may still perform actions as long as they don't require spending cubes. So you could still play out the free move points from your first movement, or any free actions gained from skills, etc.

But yes, a resting hero is reasonably limited. Even an automatic manipulation/thought requires one cube to spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do things when resting (see above).
And mostly, you can (and generally must) coordinate with the other teammates to ensure the few things you do are relevant (typically, the decision of resting or not has previously been taken in coordination with the other teammates). Furthermore, turns are rather quick, so there is no real downtime, even when resting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dizzybit wrote:
The way I interpret resting stance: you may still perform actions as long as they don't require spending cubes. So you could still play out the free move points from your first movement, or any free actions gained from skills, etc.

But yes, a resting hero is reasonably limited. Even an automatic manipulation/thought requires one cube to spend.

Right, a resting hero can only perform free actions, rerolls, and defend themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marshallxiii wrote:
If you tried to play a scenario with less than the recommended heroes, i dont imagine it would go well.

There are a bunch of scenarios with a single hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony berart
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
dizzybit wrote:

You can't perform a move when resting cause move even with just the free movement is not a free action.
Free action are clearly state as free action on the rules. Movement are not state as free action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That's what I thought! No move, no nuthin basically! (except the free stuff - defend, re-roll etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony berart
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes but don't forget skill like counter attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matloob Qureshi
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think this is one of the biggest flaws in the game system. Effectively missing a turn to recover energy is really not much fun. As you suggest, the simplest solution is for the hero player to control multiple characters. This approach worked well with Conan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Cacciacarro
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't see it as a flaw, but as a strategic decision. You have to consider it in context of all of your turns, and in context of what your teammates are doing. If you take a rest for a turn, you have more options for several actions next turn; conversely, if your teammate just had a big turn, they can then rest while you pick up the slack and do the heavy lifting for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I don't think that's a problem either because it's a co-op, so you can still strategize with your team and discuss plans or give them some ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Benn
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Agreed. It's a feature, not a flaw. It adds to strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Tallest
msg tools
I agree. Not been an issue for us when playing. You get stamina every turn anyway on an active turn, you generally use the resting after taking a few too many hits or over extending yourself after a particularly heroic turn. Either seems fine to me.

There's an element of strategy to choosing where/ when to rest as well for maximum benefit/ minimum damage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.