Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Sorcerer» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tegu and Bloodlord cards - Minions must be played in avatar's battlefield? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Biggs
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
For cards like Tegu and Bloodlord, do you have to play the minion into the battlefield that contains your avatar in order to get the card draw/blood token bonus? I know that's a rule in general for these cards, but the wording still seems a bit ambiguous to me, especially on Tegu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chi
msg tools
Tegu's skill card has the "In this Battlefield" symbol. Whenever you see this symbol, read the text as if it says "in this Battlefield" either at the beginning or end of the text, and that will remove any ambiguity.

Same with the bloodlord skill card. I'll note that the Bloodpool card is missing the "In this Battlefield" symbol, but I believe it SHOULD be there, and all of those tactics and actions should be played as if it hand the "In this Battlefield" symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Biggs
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks, super helpful. I was about 75% sure that's how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Régis
France
flag msg tools
Tamiya wrote:
Tegu's skill card has the "In this Battlefield" symbol. Whenever you see this symbol, read the text as if it says "in this Battlefield" either at the beginning or end of the text, and that will remove any ambiguity.

Same with the bloodlord skill card. I'll note that the Bloodpool card is missing the "In this Battlefield" symbol, but I believe it SHOULD be there, and all of those tactics and actions should be played as if it hand the "In this Battlefield" symbol.

The crossed swords symbol doesn't mean your avatar has to be there (just means "in that battlefield").
Skill cards can only be activated where your avatar is.
Bloodlord blood pool actions/tactic activate anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick May
United States
Pinellas Park
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amphacid wrote:
Tamiya wrote:

The crossed swords symbol doesn't mean your avatar has to be there (just means "in that battlefield").

I believe that is incorrect - your Sorcerer powers (all three cards) only work in the battlefield where your sorcerer is located.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonsfire76 wrote:
amphacid wrote:
Tamiya wrote:

I believe that is incorrect - your Sorcerer powers (all three cards) only work in the battlefield where your sorcerer is located.

Skill cards (character, lineage and domain powers) that have the cross swords only activate in the battlefield of the leader.

Cross swords icons on minions or attachments activate in the battlefield of that minion/attachment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Régis
France
flag msg tools
Blood pool is not a skill card and can be used on any battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.