Wings of Glory: WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack» Forums » General

Subject: House rules: Damage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrick C
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to share some house rules we have when it comes to damage.

1. Fire damage also does special symbol except guns jamming (of course)
2. Collision damage also does special symbol except guns jamming (of course)

For these, I don't know why they weren't rules to begin with. It's kinda hard to track that some of the damage cards are from fire and not machine guns and some are from collision and not artillery. It really just makes it easier.

3. Trench Fire is hard. So what we do, is you look at the card and always shuffle it back into the deck, remembering what symbol you pulled. I don't know a better way to do this.

4. Explosions to half damage of resistance rounded up. Not my house rule (meaning not invented by me), but one we play with. If you take it out, you lose the big risk. If you play with it to it's original rule, that thing can be the first card in the deck. And game over before someone had a chance to play.

I'd love to hear what people have done to solve for some of the issues my house rules work around. Also, if you have anything different and fun that you bring to the table outside of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s not hard to “track” fire damage at all, because none of the ”specials” (except for dead observer) follows the plane anyway. They last for a set period of time, and since you draw fire damage at the start of a turn (when no one is shooting at you), it’s easy to grasp that only the number matters.

So your system is not making it easier at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick C
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
It’s not hard to “track” fire damage at all, because none of the ”specials” (except for dead observer) follows the plane anyway. They last for a set period of time, and since you draw fire damage at the start of a turn (when no one is shooting at you), it’s easy to grasp that only the number matters.

So your system is not making it easier at all.

Wounded Pilot and damaged engine both stick with you.

And it's not hard to track that stuff when you play one plane. But if you are flying multiple planes, you sometimes have to go back and look through damage to remember. At least, I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.