Hide
4 Posts

Mascarade» Forums » Rules

Subject: Disputing a claim and using the power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
V Leigh
msg tools
We played this for the first time with 8 of the members of our large regular game group. It was a big success and we had a lot of fun, and everyone wants to play again. Everyone got into the game and into their roles when they declared one, so there was lots of laughter. Afterward everyone was excitedly discussing which characters we want to use next time.

Our game ended when one person declared Patron, not noticing that the player next to her already had 12 coins. So this brought up another question.

I know my character and it is not good for me to use it at this time either because it would end the game without me winning (as above) , or because it would put me in a worse situation. So I won’t declare it.

But now another player claims to be my character. If I claim it in order to force the other player to pay a fine, am I also forced to use the power? Or would it be better for me to keep quiet?

I think the answer is that I would be forced to use the power, so I should keep quiet. But I want to double check.

Examples of this situation
Patron - one of the people sitting next to me has 12 coins, so I definitely don’t want to give them a coin.

Alchemist - I am richer than either of the people next to me.

Thief - I am not the richest player, and even 2 more coins won’t make me the richest player, but one of the people beside me only has 1 coin which would end the game.

Actress - the last power played was one of the above with the same situation described in my examples.

I know witch is okay, because the rules state that the witch CAN swap. But the rules for the Patron, Alchemist, Thief, and Actress characters don’t say it is optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezequiel Genender
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vintx wrote:
I think the answer is that I would be forced to use the power, so I should keep quiet. But I want to double check.

I agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, you would have to use the power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V Leigh
msg tools
faidutti wrote:
Yes, you would have to use the power.

Thank you! And thanks for designing such a great game. It’s perfect for our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.