Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey all,

I decided to finally register an account with this site and become more involved in the community. I am currently in the play testing phase of my board game and will have RoosterTeeth be doing my big play test.

As I am coming to the conclusion of my current design with this board game, I am already extremely excited to begin working on another one. However, this time, I want to work with a compatible partner. I have a few good ideas to begin building on or we can start from scratch, that's totally cool, as well. Mainly, I just want the benefits of having someone who will be just as enthusiastic and fun to work with.

A little bit about me: I do program design full time. I design escape rooms, Summer programs, a curriculum, and even staff management/leadership. I even compose a little music (It's pretty crappy though) and write screenplays (Not as crappy). So, designing a board game is kind of a natural thing to me, especially after listening to the Board Game Design Lab Podcast.

Anyways, shoot me a message! I would love to talk and get to know any of you guys who would be interested. I have a graphics pad and can do some graphic design as well but nothing pro level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Church
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Seeking Co-Designer
If we make a game together, I insist you do the accompanying soundtrack for a Kickstarter stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I am not kickstarting my current design and as for my new shared design if we were to Kickstart I would need to do some more R&D on that aspect. You said to do "the" accompanying soundtrack. Did you mean "a" or am I missing something?

I know stretch goals can be complex and need to be thoroughly processed, I figure that should be reviewed and discussed but not right off the bat. I'm new to working with other people though, so if you have some insight to share, by all means! I am all ears! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Church
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean our game will have a full soundtrack that people have to listen to while playing the game. I need you to make the soundtrack. Also, I am 100% joking. I don't think Kickstarter is the way to go for me; I'm not a business person and have not much desire to be one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Oh I gotchyou haha. Ya having me do music for a game is a good way to kill your game lol.
Totally with you about avoiding the kick start route. I do like business but I dont think I'm in a comfortable state yet to be confident in the self business route. I would much rather find a publisher for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david tamali
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
What's the theme of your game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I am wanting to start from something fresh with new people or build upon a game that has little development.

I am designing one project right now by myself but it's already near done. The theme is a lot like Root. Personified animals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ramsey

North Dakota
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Need art for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Once I am done with my playtesting phase (balancing everything) then yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ramsey

North Dakota
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Fireflow wrote:
Once I am done with my playtesting phase (balancing everything) then yeah.

Well look me up then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SLThomas
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any more detail about your current design? Are you going to post a WIP thread for people to check out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Eh I have thought about it but I'm not up to date with the whole copy right. I would hate myself forever if I posted something and it got stolen. I doubt thats how it works but I havent investigated that topic and how it works here on this site yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiji Kobayashi
Japan
flag msg tools
Fireflow wrote:
Eh I have thought about it but I'm not up to date with the whole copy right. I would hate myself forever if I posted something and it got stolen. I doubt thats how it works but I havent investigated that topic and how it works here on this site yet.

1. Nobody is going to steal your idea.

2. But should that happen, a WIP thread or designer's blog would be proof that it was your idea to begin with.

3. Not only that, people who know about your game would see the hypothetical game that was uncannily like yours and go, "Hold on, isn't that Fireflow's game?"

4. There's a pinned thread that explains this far better than I ever could:
MythBusting: Game Design and Copyright, Trademarks, and Patents (US Law)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Cool, thanks for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a co-designer myself -- I am pretty good with game mechanics (but not art) and lack the ability to do any in-person playtesting myself.

I have a couple of 2 player games and a couple of 2-6 player games in print&play plus tabletop simulator formats (the 2 player games are also in Vassal format) at the moment.

see http://thesingularitytrap.com/ -- the Back in the cardboard again section on the main page lower right

Let me know if interested in partnering on any of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I'll check it out tonight and get back to you with a personal message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Im working on a game and i might need a co-designer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Sure man, send me a Personal Message and give me an overview. I'm always down to at least take a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fireflow wrote:
Sure man, send me a Personal Message and give me an overview. I'm always down to at least take a look.

Just send you a PM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Baba
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where are you located? I might be interested but I would probably want to have meetups throughout the process. I find it very productive to get together and jam out ideas and playtests in person when a part of a design team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fires
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
dbaba133 wrote:
Where are you located? I might be interested but I would probably want to have meetups throughout the process. I find it very productive to get together and jam out ideas and playtests in person when a part of a design team.

I'm around Austin, Texas but I move around a bit. I probably will be moving to Minnesota in about 5 months. I agree with you though, meetups are incredibly beneficial but I find that the next best thing is just skype/phone calls and going over a design over a shared google docs document. We can see edits as they are happening and can still have that verbal communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.