Subject: Any Thoughts ?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone

I just watched the trailer and not to sure what to think yet, it didnt show too much.
The cards looked very basic but I liked when all the cards come together to form the beast.

Being mainly a solo player I was wrapped to see it's 1-4 players

I hope this is as good as the game

I have just posted trailer in video section if anyone hasn't watched it yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Gray

Florida
msg tools
Love the video games, and was surprised to see this. Looks like straight to retail, so that's a relief. With all the Kickstarter projects recently and now
Bloodborne looming around the corner, I just couldn't handle another. Lol. Anyway hoping it's good and looking forward to learning more about this. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Graewolfe wrote:
Love the video games, and was surprised to see this. Looks like straight to retail, so that's a relief. With all the Kickstarter projects recently and now
Bloodborne looming around the corner, I just couldn't handle another. Lol. Anyway hoping it's good and looking forward to learning more about this. Cheers!

If it did go down the KS path (doubt it) then no matter how much I like this IP or how great the game maybe. It would be an instant NO for me. I can't stand CMON KS campaigns. Their ongoing loading a game with KS exclusives is the main cause of backlash with LFGS store owners and those who support their LFGS.

I know several LFGS who now refuse to back or order any CMON game that is launched on KS were the KS version is vastly different from the retail version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C GX
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's CMON, so if the rules aren't clear, they will never tell us what interpretation is correct and the gamers will be left to decide what is right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sobr
msg tools
designer
Knowing CMON, one of the stretch goals will be to replace all the cards with miniatures!

Seriously though, all we can be sure of is that they'll do everything in their power to ship the game in the biggest box, yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played a God of War game, and probably never will. However, this looks really cool so far. The flipping cards is what caught my interest. There's a lot of possibility there as a mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for the inevitable God of War miniatures game... the crossover potential with Mythic Battles Pantheon is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Martz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's weird to me that they started a God of War card game based on the last installation of God of War. which was a great game, and a setting that I liked (Norse Mythology), albeit a little stretch from where God of War started, which was Greek Mythology. They should have started where the first God of War started and just added to it, which is weird for CMON to not milk a product for all it's worth. Now if they make a God of War board game, which I am almost certain will happen. Then I really hope they make it with all settings of all the God of War titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub P
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
I think that they'll go for the mini version with Nordic and greek mythology afterwards - the same case as with Bloodborne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay wozny
msg tools
I am pretty psyched about this. It hits a lot of strong points for me personally....

- Have enjoyed most of the GoW games, but especially the most recent

- I like minis well enough, but tend to play more card games.

- Solo!

- The flipping mechanic seems really interesting and might have some very interesting possibilities. Actually, the design of those cards reminds me of the terrain cards for 7th continent. Being a GoW game, I'm sure the strong emphasis will be on combat, but they do mention locations in the write up and I would love to see some of the exploration present in the most recent game represented in the card game.

I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Run with me
Singapore
Singapore
TB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played and loved the God of War series but honestly, I thought it'll do better as a miniature instead of card game.

However, Kratos is a single player so it'll be challenging to make it a multi-players game... maybe just invent or add in some Greek-based heroes like Troy, Hercules, etc.

Anyway, I'll sit on the fence for this one as I said, I'll prefer it to be a miniature-based game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.