26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth» Forums » General

Subject: Where is the App? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Durka Stan
msg tools
What is the point of shipping a game that requires an app that does not exist? Could FFG really not release them on the same date? What have the playtesters been using? Why is the public not allowed access to that version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app and game will be released on April 18th. Some preorders from FFG arrived early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The app will be available on Amazon Appstore, Apple iOS App Store, Google Play, and Steam.

The official release date for the game is Thursday, April 18. Online retailers are allowed to ship the game before that date so that you are sure to have it on the release date.

Playtesters have been using an app made available to them, but not the general public. The public will be allowed to access the official release of the app on the release date (Thursday, April 18).

I appreciate being able to have the game delivered to me before the release date so that I can play it when the release date arrives, instead of having the game shipped on the release date and arrive days later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
WHAT WILL PEOPLE DO FOR 1.5 DAYS!!??!?!?!??!??111?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Mesa
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJacobsen159 wrote:
WHAT WILL PEOPLE DO FOR 1.5 DAYS!!??!?!?!??!??111?!?

Paint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Lake Elsinore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
People are rating this game 1 star because the app isn't out yet. An app that will be out on 4/18/19 which happens to be the same day the game is supposed to be released. We really have become a self-entitled, ultra-impatient society...but what else is new?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otakuon wrote:
People are rating this game 1 star because the app isn't out yet. An app that will be out on 4/18/19 which happens to be the same day the game is supposed to be released. We really have become a self-entitled, ultra-impatient society...but what else is new?

I agree with you 100%, Matt. If the publishers didn't allow those early shipments, and those people didn't get the game until some days after the release date, then they would complain about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I got my pre-order yesterday and I'm excited to play. I'd like the app released early, but I know that it might very well wait till late tomorrow night (Wednesday) or Thursday and that's the way it is. Not entitled, just excited. Plus my son, who wants to play, has today and tomorrow off but goes back to work Thursday. Bad timing I guess. He's a big LOTR fan and is excited to try it out too. Anticipation is not a bad thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Android

Apple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alcahaelas wrote:
Hey, I got my pre-order yesterday and I'm excited to play. I'd like the app released early, but I know that it might very well wait till late tomorrow night (Wednesday) or Thursday and that's the way it is. Not entitled, just excited. Plus my son, who wants to play, has today and tomorrow off but goes back to work Thursday. Bad timing I guess. He's a big LOTR fan and is excited to try it out too. Anticipation is not a bad thing.

Guess you and your son will be playing tomorrow after all! Good news.

My copy arrives tomorrow, and it is supposed to be much cooler and rainy. I have the day off, so I'll be palying, too. Reading through the Rules Reference now, having read the Learn to Play book earlier this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Durka Stan
msg tools
So why not give people access to the app that the play testers have been using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Kevin Skelley
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Durkastan wrote:

LOL. Ya, release the pre final app early to satisfy complainers. What could possibly go wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Petdoc wrote:
Durkastan wrote:

LOL. Ya, release the pre final app early to satisfy complainers. What could possibly go wrong?

Even more complaining?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been testing prerelease product and it was buggy as a ...
That is why it is still in testing, so that programmers find out those bugs and can fix (some of) them before the release!
Allways it is better to wait release and even some month after that if you want to have less bumpy experience
Sometimes these betas Are open, but even if They Are 50% is good and 60% is bad... yeah and I know that I did proke the math in here... just a bug, don`t worry it will be remedied in future patches
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Boy wrote:
Alcahaelas wrote:

Guess you and your son will be playing tomorrow after all! Good news.

My copy arrives tomorrow, and it is supposed to be much cooler and rainy. I have the day off, so I'll be palying, too. Reading through the Rules Reference now, having read the Learn to Play book earlier this evening.

Happy days, it arrived on the Apple App store around 7PM PST so we got to play the first scenario this evening (along with my wife, so a 3 player game). Had a great time, and the second scenario promises to be pretty cool -- but no spoilers. Glad the app came out, now we can get some good gaming in before my son has to work for a few days before his next day off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
badge
But what is the question?
mbmbmbmbmb
SJacobsen159 wrote:

Nice! So only the PC version isn't out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Durkastan wrote:

Because that's not how software, or any other production line, works. I guarantee you people would be more upset at a buggy, crashing app for their new game *cough* Mansions of Madness *cough* than having to wait until release day to play the game.

FFG: Hey, let's allow retailers to mail the games two days prior to release, instead of the day before, as mails can get delayed and Easter is just around the corner.

BGG: Where is the pre-release, unstable playtesting app!?!?!

FFG: But we didn't relase the game yet?

BGG: I demand satisfaction!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it on the app store yesterday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
otakuon wrote:

Whats funny is that the OP rated the game 1 star because of the app...lol

and it's also his first and only review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas L
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Steam version isn't out yet. It's 10 am. where I live, I sure would like to play the game but it seems like I can't. Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tee Dius
Australia
Virgin Islands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
have the game, app on steam on wishlist but not available, should have been released at the same time (it is well into 18/4 here in aus, so no early delivery)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johann Gerber
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have to agree to a certain extend - the 18th is a very broad term, so is it the 18th US time of the 18th Global time. Here in South Africa it is 19am and the app is not yet on Steam, my game is on its way though...so hoping by 3pm it is online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dareno wrote:
I have to agree to a certain extend - the 18th is a very broad term, so is it the 18th US time of the 18th Global time. Here in South Africa it is 19am and the app is not yet on Steam, my game is on its way though...so hoping by 3pm it is online?

From experience of game releases on Steam they seem to go live around mid day UK but sometimes as late as 4pm.

What is worrying is they usually have a count down to going live ... not so on Steam at the moment - still saying coming Quarter 2... Now all the reviews were done on the Steam/PC app - so I suspect its ready - someone just has to press the button - as they are US its going to be late PM EU i suspect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shagrath
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
jalmardo wrote:
So the Steam version isn't out yet. It's 10 am. where I live, I sure would like to play the game but it seems like I can't. Nice.

Steam updates their store at 1pm Eastern every day. So, if it's scheduled to be released today (4/18), then it will be available at that time.

Hopefully, that is the case. The Steam page just says "Q2 2018", so who knows if they'll flip the switch to make it available today or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas L
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XShagrath wrote:
jalmardo wrote:

Steam updates their store at 1pm Eastern every day. So, if it's scheduled to be released today (4/18), then it will be available at that time.

Hopefully, that is the case. The Steam page just says "Q2 2018", so who knows if they'll flip the switch to make it available today or not.

Ok so that would mean at 8pm here in Finland. While that would really suck because I'm anxious to play the game, I really hope it'll be released by that time then. I'd probably be able to play one scenario today before going to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.