Jose Olivas
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I played my first game today and had a couple of doubts concerning rerolls:
1-If you have a free reroll on one action, but due to another effect skill, (such as support skill of an ally in the same location) you get a free reroll, does it mean that if you throw one die, you get to reroll it twice for free?

2-Concerning paid rerolls, can you declare and pay one reroll, do it and then if you are not happy, pay for another reroll and try again? Or do you need to declare and pay all rerolls at once?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Praetor Kamahl
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Free rerolls are all used at once (or if they aren't, they might as well be since no single dice can be rerolled for free more than once - note this only applies to the inherent reroll characteristic and not skills like Lucky, those take place before the free rerolls step and can be done repeatedly on the same dice, and I believe this includes Support).

Paid rerolls can be done one at a time. You're correct in that you can keep paying 1 to reroll on a given action until you're either satisfied with the outcome, out of energy, or reach your exertion limit (or decide to stop putting so much effort into one action).

Edit: My response was poorly worded and kind of side-stepped the actual question, sorry.

I'll use a quick example: You are doing an action that has one yellow dice with a reroll on it, that's it. You're also in the same zone as an ally with level 2 Support.

You can (in order of events) roll it, reroll it up to 2 times with Support, reroll it again for free, and afterwards pay to reroll it to your heart's desire exertion/energy/patience limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmo Warner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PKamahl wrote:

Paid rerolls can be done one at a time. You're correct in that you can keep paying 1 to reroll on a given action until you're either satisfied with the outcome, out of energy, or reach your exertion limit (or decide to stop putting so much effort into one action).

Is there anywhere that states this specifically or makes it obvious from the rules?

That's always the way I played rerolls in Conan but reading the rules and flowcharts in Batman it always reads to me like you have to declare all your rerolls and then be happy with the results.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. As soon as I posted this I realized it's the spending of the energy cube which allows you to go through the reroll flowchart EACH TIME you choose to spend a cube on it. So you can do it over and over as long as you can spend the cubes.

Good! I had been wondering why they would change this from Conan, but turns out they didn't! =o)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.