Subject: Fitting sleeved cards in original insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So it was a struggle, but I found an arrangement to get a fully sleeved game into the original box.

How has everyone else managed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Miller
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on a wooden divider to fix it, but in the meantime I've just stacked them evenly in the 2 slots, and quickly placed the boards on top of them to hold them in place. Surprisingly, it holds up vertically on the shelf if I put the mainland board down on the tray first, and make sure the card-side of the box is the bottom on the shelf.

I thought about cutting out that middle section that divides the two card slots. The angle of the ensuing lean would allow you to put the cards in horizontally instead of flat, but I didn't want to destroy the insert. Yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OuterPop wrote:
it holds up vertically on the shelf

How do people do this?! I'd be anxious the whole time with all the meeples falling out of the cells in the plastic insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Miller
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is anxiety inducing, to be sure. But only the first time
With the big mainland board pressed against it, it serves as a pretty solid "lid" for the meeps and stuff. And with the personal island boards on top, there's not much air in this box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Richelieu
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nice. May I ask what kind of sleeves you are using? I'm guessing we need to stay away from thick, premium sleeves...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Miller
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using BCW 100 micron - so they're about the same as most premium sleeves.
To get the plans for the divider right, I wanted thick, premium sleeves to ensure that everything will fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
heixue wrote:
Nice. May I ask what kind of sleeves you are using?

I'm using the Standard American (green) FFG sized sleeves. Be aware though they were were a tad tall with a bit of excess at the top. So I used a paper trimmer to trim them down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Richelieu
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Topknot87 wrote:
I'm using the Standard American (green) FFG sized sleeves. Be aware though they were were a tad tall with a bit of excess at the top. So I used a paper trimmer to trim them down.

Wow, that is some dedication! Thanks you for the info. Good to know that even premium sleeves fit into the original insert. I'll probably use KMCs perfect fit to take as little space as possible, but I might fall back on Maydays if the cards are too large.

OuterPop wrote:
I'm using BCW 100 micron - so they're about the same as most premium sleeves.
To get the plans for the divider right, I wanted thick, premium sleeves to ensure that everything will fit.

I meant to ask the OP since I want to use the original insert as well. I should have quoted him in my message.
Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your reply anyways.

Edit: I just read that you are also using the original insert with premium sleeves while working on your wooden one. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
heixue wrote:

Wow, that is some dedication!

I'm a pretty big stickler for quality in my games and that excess sleeve would have bugged me to no end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tunker
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
My insert looks pretty close to yours. But: i put all the cards (sleeved with mayday american card game sleeves) into the two card wells. DNA cards on one side, breaking news and manipulation on the other side. The dinomeeples are split between all herbivores on one side, carnivores + mutants for the other. That leaves me with one empty square slot for credits. Buildings are kept in the drawstring bag, except for the basic hotels that are always available. I keep those in one of the big areas with the drawstring bag on top of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.