tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis Guerra
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Both
In both the different sites (construction, house of death) and in the discovery tiles that have 2 + power up tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Raps
Netherlands
Alphen aan den Rijn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
When a rule says 'power up twice', does this assume:
a) you power up once on two dice
or
b) you can power one die up two levels?

It is explained!
Rulebook page 13, sidebox wrote:
If an ability allows you to power up twice, you may power up the same worker twice or two eligible workers once each.

"eligible workers" are your workers on the same action board where you did the main action. Workers locked on Worship spaces are not eligible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember that if the first power-up causes a level-5 die to ascend, the reincarnated die (level 1) is gone from that action board. So you CANNOT use the second power-up to turn the ascended level-1 die to level 2. You must use the second power-up on a die that is still on the original action board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Ronnay wrote:
It is explained!
If an ability allows you to power up twice, you may power up the same worker twice or two eligible workers once each.

"eligible workers" are your workers on the same action board where you did the main action. Workers locked on Worship spaces are not eligible.

For completeness, there is also a Discovery tile that allows you to power up twice, and in this case the eligible workers could be anywhere, on different action boards (though I think still not workers in Worship spaces, but I'm not sure whether that has been clarified).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Raps
Netherlands
Alphen aan den Rijn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose Malloy wrote:
Ronnay wrote:
It is explained!

For completeness, there is also a Discovery tile that allows you to power up twice, and in this case the eligible workers could be anywhere, on different action boards (though I think still not workers in Worship spaces, but I'm not sure whether that has been clarified).

Rulebook, Appendix, page 23, Discovery tiles:
"Power up 2 of your unlocked workers (or the same worker twice)."

Unlocked workers, so the can't be in Worship spaces.
A Worship space is indicated with a key. A die on such a space is locked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Ronnay wrote:
Unlocked workers, so the can't be in Worship spaces.

Ah, of course, I knew there was a reason!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.