Millennium Blades» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chukules and Self-Targeting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaheen Cullen-Baratloo
United States
California
flag msg tools
If you use Chukules's action (Clash, winner gains some points and loser has to flip a card), and you lose, can you flip Chukules? Then you won't be able to flip anything when it comes time to flip Chukules as the cost for the action, and so you mitigate some of the downside to losing the clash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaheenthebean wrote:
If you use Chukules's action (Clash, winner gains some points and loser has to flip a card), and you lose, can you flip Chukules? Then you won't be able to flip anything when it comes time to flip Chukules as the cost for the action, and so you mitigate some of the downside to losing the clash.

I don't remember : is Chukules the one who's going to clash with the opponent's top card? Or is it already flipped as part of the action's cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaheen Cullen-Baratloo
United States
California
flag msg tools
kakuuuu wrote:
Shaheenthebean wrote:

I don't remember : is Chukules the one who's going to clash with the opponent's top card? Or is it already flipped as part of the action's cost?

I think other rules clarifications decided that Chukules isn't flipped until after the clash, meaning it can still be used to clash. That's why it might not be flipped yet and could be a valid target to flip if the clash is lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If so, it's almost always Chukules that will be flipped if the player loses the clash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
"When you walk..."
mbmbmbmbmb
If Chukules will be flipped anyway (as a cost of the Clash action), then it seems unfair to count that as the "losing flip" as well. Seems like a rules-lawyering bit of manipulation to me. Just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
badge
"it´s easier to see the difference when you´re sitting on the fence"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as already mentioned, since action cards aren´t flipped until after they have fully resolved it is perfectly legal to choose Chukules as the target should you lose the clash.
While this may seem a little rules-lawyery, remember that if you lose as the active player, not only have you basically more or less just wasted a card, you have also just given your opponent some free RP. So I think it is perfectly fair to interpret the rules in favor of whoever initiated the clash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.