4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Playing core+TBR+TRD: extra cards suggested? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ton Stoffels
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I've played the core for a while now. Because I'm a fan of the books I purchased two Saga-expansions: The Black Riders and The Road Darkens.

I want to play these expansions solo,but with only these 3 sets my cardpool is limited.

Are there any cards (for example from AP's) that I should purchase to have more chance in beating the quests from these saga-expansions?

Eventually my goal is to play all the saga-expansions from LOTR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Speaking more in general terms, as in what APs have some of the best/most used/essential player cards, I'd put The Long Dark up there as The Warden of Healing is pretty much a staple. Conflict at the Carrock has A Burning Brand, which shuts down shadow cards and as such is one of the more impactful cards in the game; that AP also has Dunedain Warning, one of the best defense-boosting cards. From there, much depends on the type of deck(s) being built and used. Trap decks? Dwarf decks? Preferred sphere? Etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Dead Marshes has Fast Hitch, one of the best attachments for hobbits. It also has Boromir, who is an absolute power house hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it is a saga expansion and not an AP, Mountain of Fire has Rosie Cotton, which really helps out Hobbit decks.

Plus you get the joy of having half of your saga expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.