Subject: ideas on how to pimp this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think the large terrain counters ruin the scale of the game for me. Im thinking a blown up map might change that though.

Ive seen the marbles as planets in the images section....doesnt grab me and seems...awkward. TI does have those plastic ships which are cool, but wont work with SE rules nor again, scale.

Any other ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Paterson
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
I think the terrain counters make the map much more visually appealing and, at least as importantly, easier to quickly take in the strategic overview.

The physical pimping showcased in the images section - blocks for MS pipelines and marbles for planets - doesn't much appeal to me either, though I acknowledge the enthusiasm and creativity.

If I were to invest time in pimping the game it would be focussed more in the areas of (1) re-jigging paperwork to enhance record keeping for [i] my tweaks on the research rules and [ii] keeping tabs on details for the history of each game (i.e. the games as a story) and (2) further enhancing fog of war - perhaps using task force and command post counters similar to those in the old classic, Stellar Conquest, so that multi-ship-type fleets and each planet's facilities, bases, shipyards and garrisons could be more effectively disguised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.