Hide
6 Posts

Middara» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jumping Diagnoally rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Wu
msg tools
Can you jump diagonally? For example can you jump in one direction and then change direction mid jump as if you were jumping diagonally since movement is done orthogonally? I was watching a guy playing and he had an enemy jump 2 spaces but it was one space forward and then one space down to get to another space (sort of like an L shape movement) Is that legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess so, although it could get weird if people start jumping more than 2 spaces and making strange turns. 🤔

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but only as you describe.

Since jumping follows normal movement rules, you can jump orthogonally 1 forward then 1 down, at a cost of 2 movement points to end up on a diagonal space to where you started.

Bare in mind that it's a 10 agility check for 1 space, then an additional 2 for every extra space for heroes. So performing weird jumps will likely end up in failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cinos wrote:

Bare in mind that it's a 10 agility check for 1 space, then an additional 2 for every extra space for heroes. So performing weird jumps will likely end up in failure.

As it should be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenris Fenrir

Friedrichshafen
msg tools
yummypanda90 wrote:
Can you jump diagonally? For example can you jump in one direction and then change direction mid jump as if you were jumping diagonally since movement is done orthogonally? I was watching a guy playing and he had an enemy jump 2 spaces but it was one space forward and then one space down to get to another space (sort of like an L shape movement) Is that legal?

Yes. You can look this up in their FAQ, including a nice picture for clarity.
https://succubuspublishing.com/faq/

When Jumping, do I have to count spaces out in a straight line?
No.

Jumping still follows normal movement rules, other than it ignores Effects from all Terrain other than Obstructing Terrain. This means that you can count out the spaces in any pattern you’d like before you decide to make the Jump Check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lil Ruub
United States
Western Delaware Co.
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a figure starts a jump next to Rook they can jump at least two spaces with automatic success or four spaces as if it were one space. This can be a used to great advantage when dealing with terrain issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.