Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know whether this is already in any "to do"-list, but, I will ask anyway.

The history of geekmod for IMAGES is good. The comparison "your vote" and "status" is very clear.
This is not the case for all other categories. Some are just okay (articles) and some are worse (video, image links, data).

It could help for the internal calibration of people to have a good overview like in "images".

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt it's on an official to do list, but it's mentioned here: Bring GeekMod functionality back up to its previous level

Quote:
History layouts need adjusting. When looking at a history page, as a rule you're interested in seeing the outcome of modding in relation to your own voting, and this was previously clear (because approved and declined images had separate lists so you were only looking for one piece of information, your own vote). Now, "status" and "your vote" are not only physically separated, but also in different sizes. This is especially bad in the data and link histories, but the article history needs fixing as well. The image history shows how to do it correctly: the information sought is aligned and prominent.

As an additional note, you can't really calibrate how you should vote by looking at current outcomes, since they don't reflect the guidelines or really any fundamental standards of quality. A better way of calibration is to ask yourself, am I declining about 90% of submissions? If not, you probably should decline more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.