Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, before my first game I was thinking these two mechanics.

First: why guards go always clockwise if have to choose? So dice makes choices. Uneven=clockwise and even=counterclockwise.

Second: Falls down a walkway on first floor... Why not? The place what you are robbing may not to be street level. And at least if you have chosen to start from the middle. So if you fall on first floor you have to start entrance where you started the game.

I used these variants on my first game and those works perfectly! There was times when I hope guard go that way but nooooo it is coming this way (and vice versa)!
Falling down situation didn't come but there can be unlucky or lucky that you have to start again on entrance.

I don,t like use variants what isn't in rule book. But sometimes there have to be randomness. Guards are humans after all

And I won my first game! It was only a beginner's job so next time to the bank! ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thornton
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nifty! I like your walkway rule...the way that walkways don't penalize rushing players on the first floor always seemed a bit silly to me.

As for the clockwise rule, I can see why some people would like that, but for me it would change the "puzzle" aspect of the game a bit too much. Whenever we play it, the effects of clockwise movement has an influence on how we plan: if the guard goes to any of the tiles over HERE, then THIS pathway becomes more dangerous. Should we go anyway? How much do we want to? Maybe there is another route?

Making the movement direction random would remove that piece of decision making, and it's a piece that I like. Also I wouldn't trust myself to always remember which direction the guard was going on after the first movement.

Still, if you like your games with more surprises, this could be good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.