Subject: Clearification about Stanza (Undertow) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolai Goppold
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi guys,

got some questions about using Stanza as a Gearlock.

I know i got to unlock all the songs (via Skill-Training i think) before i can use it. After unlocking it, i can choose a song and put it in an active slot. For every song i got there, i need the right amount of focus.

1) Do i use the focus and therefore have to reduce it each round, or do i keep the focus turn to turn?

1b)Do played songs stays in my active slot? Or do i have to remove it each end of turn?

2) Can i choose EVERY Effect on all my active songs, or just one per turn? Can i use every song -section more often, or only one time and then have do advance it to use the next effect?

3) When i'm at the final section of a song, the rules say i MUST advance it to the vamp-status - do i have to pay extra focus for this?

4)How does gaining focus work? Can i reroll the Luitar-Dice in my prep area? I know i can roll a song and put that result in my prep area, adding the focus to my total focus. If i'm reading the rules right, i can still use these songs and put it an active slot (section 1 or the section, i rolled before?).

5) How works the Affect-Effect of the songs? Some seems to be clear, but some confuses me. For Example, why there are Bone-Effects with different Affect-Symbols? Doesn't it matter if a bone has a "Self"-Effect or "Target"-Effect?

Hope you can clear some things for me up :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played her once - but as far as I understand her sheet:

1) You don't consume the focus, but you must have enough to p(l)ay all your songs.
1b) They stay in your active slots and every turn you have to decide if you
-> Advance it (switch to the next level)
-> Vamp it (switch to the Vamp side)
-> Exhaust it (exhaust the die and therefore remove the song)

2) I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this.
You can use every effect of each of your active songs in their current state.

3) You can either advance it to Vamp or exhaust it. If you Vamp it, you must provide the focus for the Vamp side of the song/die.

4) I'm not sure about rerolling your focus die. Maybe by paying 1 Dex it is possible.
If you have used a song to gain focus and you then decide to play that song, it will start in section 1.

5) It simply tells you who is the target of the action/effect of your song.
For the bones - if an ally is affected, that ally collects the shown amount of bones in their backup plan. If an enemy is affected, it will trigger their Backup plan (if they have one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Goppold
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

ich antworte dir einfach mal auf deutsch...

Erstmal vielen Dank! Bei den meisten Punkten konntest du mir helfen bzw. hast mich auch bestätigt.

Zu 1b) Das heisst, zum Beispiel: In Runde 1 setze ich einen Section 1-Würfel ein. In Runde 2 MUSS ich diesen entweder Advancen und den Effekt der Section 2 nutzen oder Vampen; ich kann nicht NOCHMAL Section 1 nutzen?

LG Nico
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmbmb
genau. Du musst ich für jeden Song für eine von den 3 Optionen entscheiden.
Exhaust, Advance, Vamp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rohlin
Sweden
BOLLNÄS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seppel wrote:

3) You can either advance it to Vamp or exhaust it. If you Vamp it, you must provide the focus for the Vamp side of the song/die.

But at least you don´t need dex for vamped songs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Bird
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Alucardx8 wrote:
2) Can i choose EVERY Effect on all my active songs, or just one per turn? Can i use every song -section more often, or only one time and then have do advance it to use the next effect?

You don't choose which side to play, the sides have to be played in order. You start with the side that costs 1 focus, then the next time you advance it you turn it to the side with 2 focus, then 3, 4, etc. If you want one of the later effects, you have to spend multiple turns getting there by advancing the sides one at a time, and the focus cost goes up each time. You can only advance the songs once at the beginning of your turn, or by using the backup plan once per turn. Each song effect only triggers once when it is advanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Goppold
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Last question:

Do i have to pay dex when my vamped song goes in intro?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon (Stanza)
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just jumping in on a few that weren't fully answered. Otherwise, you've gotten some great answers here!

4) You cannot reroll your Luitar die in battle. However, you'll notice your Backup Plan has some options for increasing the result, if you didn't roll well. Other than that, you can roll songs (as part of your die roll) for focus. You can later play those songs. But remember, playing a song you were using for Focus, means your Focus total is going to go down!

And on your last question - yes, Intro-ing a song from Vamp uses a Dex and requires a Focus, same as if you are Intro-ing it from the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Futterer
Germany
Brunnthal
flag msg tools
Kingdom Death: Monster
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the timing of those songs. I have to put the songs I want to use in the active slot, thats clear. But when do I resolve their effects? Before rolling? Afterwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FuttererJ wrote:
What about the timing of those songs. I have to put the songs I want to use in the active slot, thats clear. But when do I resolve their effects? Before rolling? Afterwards?

It’s often missed, but on the back of Stanza’s sheet there’s a section for song effect usage. (A) allows you to apply the effect during the affected unit’s turn. (A/I) requires it be applied right away, meaning you sometimes need to choose you target now (before moving, choosing/rolling dice, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.