Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Martin
Canada
Saint-Lin-Laurentides
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just bought a copy of Mr. Jack yesterday and while I was putting the stickers on the round pieces, I found out that the background color for Lestrade was not the right one.

Instead of being blue, like it is supposed to be, it is plum. It is something like William Gull color, but a little bit darker. Obviously, it is not blue. I asked my wife to be sure that it was not my eyes playing tricks on me, but she saw the same thing.

I can tell that the final look is a bit odd. Having a blue round wooden token topped with a sticker that mismatch the color, while all the others have matching colors is a bit annoying.

It anyone else has the same problem?

Edition: Character name correction. It is Inspector Lestrade, not Watson (which is brown).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Watson sticker - Bad background color
Nogen wrote:
Hi,

I just bought a copy of Mr. Jack yesterday and while I was putting the stickers on the round pieces, I found out that the background color for Watson was not the right one.

Instead of being blue, like it is supposed to be, it is plum. It is something like M. Gull color, but a little bit darker. Obviously, it is not blue. I asked my wife to be sure that it was not my eyes playing tricks on me, but she saw the same thing.

I can tell that the final look is a bit odd. Having a blue round wooden token topped with a sticker that mismatch the color, while all the others are the same is a bit annoying.

It anyone else has the same problem?

Hmm? The blue disk is for Lestrade; Watson's disk is the brown one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Martin
Canada
Saint-Lin-Laurentides
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Watson sticker - Bad background color
Yes, that's right.

I started the thread this morning before going to work and while I was driving to work, I realized that it was the wrong character.

Yes, it's the Inspector Lestrade sticker that doesn't have the right color. I edited my first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re: Inspector Lestrade sticker - Bad background color
Just contact customer services and get replacement stickers. That's what I did on a different matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like my copy had the same problem, to the point I initially put Lestrade's sticker on the purple disk before noticing. I haven't yet had the opportunity to play the game to know if it's going to be a problem or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Martin
Canada
Saint-Lin-Laurentides
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
COMaestro wrote:
I feel like my copy had the same problem, to the point I initially put Lestrade's sticker on the purple disk before noticing. I haven't yet had the opportunity to play the game to know if it's going to be a problem or not.

Well, I don't think it would be a problem at all. It just that it look odd and was curious to know if anybody has the same "issue".

Tronin wrote:
Just contact customer services and get replacement stickers. That's what I did on a different matter.

Yep, that's what I've done. I'll let you know the outcome, if that could be useful for anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Martin
Canada
Saint-Lin-Laurentides
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So, just to do a little follow up, I contacted both Asmodee North America and Hurrican Games and I received an answer from both of them on the same day saying that they'll send me replacement stickers.

I told Hurrican Games to dismiss my request and I'll let Asmodee North America send me the stickers. Since they're are on the same continent as me and are the bigger company, that made more sense to me. So that's that.

So far, it's been the third times that I made inquiries for various things with Asmodee (one of them was a dog that chewed on one of my character card of Dead of Winter ) and each time, they solved my problem quickly, sending me replacements components for free. A great customer service, if you asked me.

Edition: Typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.