Subject: Removing Amounts questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

played the game yesterday for the first time and it was a hit... we all liked it a lot!

We were unsure about the Dirty Politics cards that remove things from opponents, be it Money (Flip Contributors), Registered Voters (Sway Minds), Committed Voters (Voter Suppression, Mudslinging, Smear Campaign).

When it says a value can you only do it if you remove the full amount? Let's say I want to get money and play a FC card of 60M but the party I want to target only has 40M, can I target them and only get the 40M instead of the full 60M?

The same can be asked for Sway Minds and get fewer registered voters than the ones the card says.

And the same for:
Voter Suppression- If I end my movement in a state that has fewer voters than the total I'm allowed to remove may I remove what I can or I don't remove anything?

Mudslinging and for Smear Campaignif the target states have fewer than the total number I'm allowed to removed do I remove the voters that are there or nothing at all?

Basically what I'm asking is if these actions are UP TO the value or if the value is an EXACT number that you have to be able to do?

I don't think in either of these actions is mentioned UP TO and all of the examples in the rules always do the full amount mentioned in the cards so we weren't sure if we could do the Up To...

I think it's Up To but wanted to be sure, it makes sense because you are targeting others and sometimes you might want to receive less in order to target the one on the lead instead of getting the full benefit of the action you are doing at the expense of the party that's not in the lead

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Cornelius
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all these are "Up to" the amount given. Keep in mind that you will only get what the opponent loses in the case of Flip Contributors or Sway Minds. So if the Flip Contributors card says $60M and they only have $40M, you can force them to lose the $40M but you also only gain the $40M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.