John Bua
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book explains how to pass up on a vassal. Why would a player do this? I don’t see the advantage to skip in gin having a vassal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Mrva
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you control a vassal you cannot seize the vassal's areas with the house you're playing. That's mostly it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
jbua wrote:
The rule book explains how to pass up on a vassal. Why would a player do this? I don’t see the advantage to skip in gin having a vassal.
You cannot attack, support an attack, or raid against one of or vassals so you may want to pass a vassal if you were intending to attack their territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d s
Canada
flag msg tools
In addition to not being able to attack them as mentioned above, you can also force the last player on the IT track (Targaryen, if they're in the game) to control and not attack or take territory (or loyalty tokens or castles) from said vassal(s), if everyone is in on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbua wrote:

You might also be able to use it as a negotiation tactic with other houses ... they might be willing to pay for you to pass on a vassal for one reason or another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bua
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes. These all make sense. I haven’t played this yet so I didn’t think of these reasons. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.