Jason Nguyen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I pledged to The New Age kickstarter, but I've been debating for weeks whether I should get the Accessories Pack #1 ($20) and Pack #2 ($10) along with the various Promo Cards packs and the divider pack ($5 each).

I have Aeon's End: War Eternal and I figured if I'm going to get the original Aeon's End someday and soon a copy of The New Age. I should probably invest in the Accessories Packs for the dividers?

Is it worth it? Or is there a better way to organize 3 core boxes worth of cards along with all the expansions?

P.S. I don't care much about the extra starter cards like Spark and Crystal cards that come in the Accessories Packs, just mostly the dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann Stinard
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dividers that separate the market cards by cost (cost 3 spells, cost 4 spells, cost 3 relics, etc) are helpful. But they are very easy to make yourself with a printer and card stock or even just index cards, a scissors, and a pen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC The Accessories Packs only have dividers for the mages, but if you don't care for the extra shards & sparks, the mages will only have a single card, so there's little need for the dividers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like the dividers. The extra starters are nice because if you don't leverage them then there isn't a need for most of the extra dividers.

I love the spindown d10s.

The gem counters are something you can find in huge quantities for very little all over the web.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 21 divider pack is a must have if you have more than one wave of content in my opinion (or a must make it you prefer DIY). I don't bother with the accessory packs as I don't want to carry around the extra starter cards.

The promo packs are all good content, but I wouldn't buy them unless you think you'll eventually buy everything. They are the worst bang for the buck, but they're only available through the Kickstarters. If you're not going to buy everything, your money is better spent on another core box or small expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nguyen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
The4thJawa wrote:
IIRC The Accessories Packs only have dividers for the mages, but if you don't care for the extra shards & sparks, the mages will only have a single card, so there's little need for the dividers.

So getting the Accessories Pack 2 with the mage dividers is only worth it if you're planning on using the extra shards and sparks?

Also I'm a bit confused about the Accessories Park 1 vs Pack 2.

Pack 1 content: $20

Includes enough cards to have a unique set of starter cards for each mage included in War Eternal, Aeon’s End and all the wave 1 & 2 expansions. Dividers for each Mage, count down d10s to track health and translucent gems to replace tokens.

Pack 2 content: $10 (New for 2019)

Includes enough Crystals and Sparks to have a unique set of starter cards for each mage included in the Aeon’s End: The New Age wave of content including stretch goals. Card dividers for each Mage's starting deck.

So I'm assuming Pack 1 dividers are for the original Aeon's End and War Eternal + all expansions for those two cores. While Pack 2 has the dividers for only The New Age and its new expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infinite Phantom wrote:
The4thJawa wrote:

So getting the Accessories Pack 2 with the mage dividers is only worth it if you're planning on using the extra shards and sparks?

Also I'm a bit confused about the Accessories Park 1 vs Pack 2.

Pack 1 content: $20

Includes enough cards to have a unique set of starter cards for each mage included in War Eternal, Aeon’s End and all the wave 1 & 2 expansions. Dividers for each Mage, count down d10s to track health and translucent gems to replace tokens.

Pack 2 content: $10 (New for 2019)

Includes enough Crystals and Sparks to have a unique set of starter cards for each mage included in the Aeon’s End: The New Age wave of content including stretch goals. Card dividers for each Mage's starting deck.

So I'm assuming Pack 1 dividers are for the original Aeon's End and War Eternal + all expansions for those two cores. While Pack 2 has the dividers for only The New Age and its new expansion?

Yes.

Those accessories pack are for people who like to have a prebuilt mage deck for each mage, so that setup just requires grabbing the mage and the prebuilt deck. The dividers for each mage are included to help with organization for the prebuilt decks.

If you don't want the prebuilt decks, then the dividers for each mage are not as necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nguyen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I've only dabbled a bit into Aeon's End. But do people generalized have prebuilt decks? Is there any advantages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infinite Phantom wrote:
I've only dabbled a bit into Aeon's End. But do people generalized have prebuilt decks? Is there any advantages?

I don't personally, but the advantage is reduced setup time. Once the players pick the mage they want to play, you just grab the associated prebuilt starting deck.

Without prebuilt starting decks, you have to wait until each person picks their mage. Then repeat the following for each mage: 1. find the associated unique starting cards for that mage and 2. count out the correct number of sparks and crystals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hatch
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪♪ These are a few of my favorite things ♪♪
mbmbmbmbmb
Infinite Phantom wrote:

I have the accessory pack, but didn't use the prebuilt mage decks for a long time due to the extra space it takes up. You're trading reduced setup time for increased space.

I switched over when I couldn't fit all content in a single box anyway. Where I think it makes the most sense to use the prebuilt mage decks is when you are also using prebuilt market setups... because generating markets that you're going to play with reduces setup time AND can reduce the space used, if you leave out cards that aren't in any of the prebuilt markets.

(I also prebuild the nemesis deck, using color-coded dots on sleeves to indicate which should be removed/ignored when playing with fewer than four players.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter Exclusive Promo Pack with 26 cards add-on is from the Legacy KS, right? Are these cards for the Legacy game or are they for non-Legacy games like Buried Secrets is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
The Kickstarter Exclusive Promo Pack with 26 cards add-on is from the Legacy KS, right? Are these cards for the Legacy game or are they for non-Legacy games like Buried Secrets is?

As far as I know there are no promos that are compatible with the legacy campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:

The only things used in the Legacy campaign come in the Legacy core box. Everything else that has ever been released for AE can be used with all other Aeon's End content (including the promo packs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.