Popular Tags: [View All]
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been struggling to find my rhythm with this game. I was convinced I was missing something. It turns out I was! Rereading the rules (for the fifth time!!), I finally realized two things: first, you can move to ANY adjacent aquaduct after placing, and second, you can tuck the colored section under any card. For some reason, I thought the rules FORBID tucking!

(Please correct me if I'm wrong, cuz if I am, I may have to give up on this game given how much trouble these simple rules have given me thus far!!)

With those two corrections now in tact, I was able to win my first 3x4 game! Looking forward to more plays of this, now that I have some elbow room, thanks to these two discoveries!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Correia
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can tuck.

I too played in that ultra-hard mode for a long time, before realizing my mistake.

Congratulations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently I need to make that much clearer in the rules!

Congrats on your victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
Apparently I need to make that much clearer in the rules!

Congrats on your victory.

It's apparently perfectly clear, just easily overlooked for some reason.

Thanks! Very fun game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieBoard wrote:
You can tuck.

I too played in that ultra-hard mode for a long time, before realizing my mistake.

Congratulations.

Good. Thanks for confirming! and for the comment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meepleonboard
United Kingdom
Somerset/London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason the placement rules also confused me at the start, but I must admit that I was skimming things a little.

Note also that you can move to any adjacent aquaduct after playing a card. Just checking you know that this means you can move whatever you decide to do with the card.

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickster1970 wrote:
For some reason the placement rules also confused me at the start, but I must admit that I was skimming things a little.

Note also that you can move to any adjacent aquaduct after playing a card. Just checking you know that this means you can move whatever you decide to do with the card.

Happy gaming!

Wait . . . what?!

After ANY action with a card, you can move your die?! Really?! Well, that makes a difference!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meepleonboard
United Kingdom
Somerset/London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing a card involves choosing one of the three options, and you can move the die after playing. Again, on my first skim I thought it said 'placing', but not so...

Maybe the designer can confirm? whistle

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickster1970 wrote:
Playing a card involves choosing one of the three options, and you can move the die after playing. Again, on my first skim I thought it said 'placing', but not so...

Maybe the designer can confirm? whistle

Happy gaming!

This game just keeps getting easier and easier!

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can move after deciding what to do with the card, regardless of the choice you made.

The only rules about moving are:
1. You can only move to an orthogonally adjacent card.
2. Your public favor level must be at least as high as the value shown on the card you're leaving, on the path you're traveling. (Ignore the value shown on the card you're moving to.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilikai wrote:
Yes, you can move after deciding what to do with the card, regardless of the choice you made.

The only rules about moving are:
1. You can only move to an orthogonally adjacent card.
2. Your public favor level must be at least as high as the value shown on the card you're leaving, on the path you're traveling. (Ignore the value shown on the card you're moving to.)

I think I finally got it now! Thanks all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.