Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter talks about stretch goals and that they will be avaiable later, nothing in this project is exclusive.

Nice!

The project shows somo Promo items, player board and every day a new card, nice!

So where is the stretch goals exactly? Are the Promo items the stretch goals? Are they using 2 terms for the exactly same thing?

i are confus

I am OK with no stretch goals! But why use the term on the first place?

"we have stretch goals" OK! Where are them???

Stretch goals = Promo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that there are no stretch goals, just a daily reveal of the things pre-determined to be in the box.

So, really, it's the same as most other projects except in this one they're not pretending that we're hitting goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frode Hanøy
Norway
flag msg tools
Yeah, it's a pretty shabby kickstarter honestly. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frode789 wrote:

Is it? Would you enjoy it more if every day they looked at the total funding and released a new goal based on what they are likely to hit in the next day?

Maybe they miss the final goal or two, but as a special thank you for being such a great community they give it all to us anyway?

It's the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't think pulling back the smoke and mirrors or not locking others out of content makes for a shabby Kickstarter, but that's just me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Geiser
Switzerland
Oensingen
Solothurn
flag msg tools
mbmb
Frode789 wrote:

I thought so, too. But I since then revised my stance on this. Sure, you can await the expansion till it hits the game shop of your choice. But Stronghold Games and the Fryxelius brothers have given us a cool board game, and I want the expansion asap. So for me it seems they deserve to be backed. And at least they are crystal clear that there won't be any kickstarter exclusives, so it's absolutely your choice if you want to back this project or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks should be looking at this as a glorified pre-order campaign, in which those those who preorder through KS will get some extra goodies. This is not a launch for a new or fledgling IP. TM is already a classic, and as is the case with CMON, the KS is here to defract the publisher's own sunk costs into putting out the new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Pudewell
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
cvlw wrote:
Folks should be looking at this as a glorified pre-order campaign, in which those those who preorder through KS will get some extra goodies. This is not a launch for a new or fledgling IP. TM is already a classic, and as is the case with CMON, the KS is here to defract the publisher's own sunk costs into putting out the new content.

Also, and possibly even more importantly, it helps them gauge interest. It's hard to know whether to print 5000, 10,000 or 20,000 copies of a thing. If you go too high, you'll run yourself out of business. If you go too low, you'll piss people off who can't get it right away.

Kickstarter provides a valuable data point for that and I think we're going to see more established game companies use it in that way. After all, it's cheaper and easier to use a platform everyone knows and loves than to have each game company build their own preorder system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Nicolosi
Italy
Catania
Sicilia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm correct, the promos will not be avaiable in the retail version, so this is a plus for the kickstarter version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Little
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cvlw wrote:

Stretch goals are for when the game/product is still in development and the funding is to help keep the studio afloat while they get everything set up and have a more distant delivery date. When you have a product that is already (mostly) developed, like Turmoil, with a relatively soon delivery date, they don't have room to try to incorporate anything that they haven't already done the development work on. (Which is why I roll my eyes at the folks asking/demanding a big box...I totally get why they want one, but it is completely out-of-scope for this project).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Magalhães
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buzzus01 wrote:
If I'm correct, the promos will not be avaiable in the retail version, so this is a plus for the kickstarter version.

Promo - An item that Kickstarter backers will get in their rewards, and will not be included in the retail edition of Terraforming Mars: Turmoil. These items may be released at a future date as promotional materials and/or game expansions.

Promo items from this project will be available in the future from all the partners participating in this project, and from all the partners not participating. There is nothing in this project that is exclusive to pledging for this project. Each partner that makes Terraforming Mars will determine how they will distribute promos in their languages after the project ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
buzzus01 wrote:

Right, but they are allowing their partners to distribute the promo cards and player boards after the Kickstarter. Though how, when and if partners will take do that is to be determined. Stronghold in particular has said they don't want to anything to be exclusive to Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
The only place I see the term "stretch goals" mentioned on the campaign page is way down in the "How To Pledge section" ...
Quote:

In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $34 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.

Probably something that was written ages ago by the creators, and just wasn't updated.

I don't see what the big deal is, it's all the same, and it drops the facade of something that every KS creator pretends isn't already pre-ordained anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Nicolosi
Italy
Catania
Sicilia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gersonk wrote:
buzzus01 wrote:

Right, but they are allowing their partners to distribute the promo cards and player boards after the Kickstarter. Though how, when and if partners will take do that is to be determined. Stronghold in particular has said they don't want to anything to be exclusive to Kickstarter.

Ok, I've already pleadged Turmoil, so I,m sure to have all the milestones. Every partner may decide the ways they distribute the extras: conventions, expo, etc... I don't care about these ways, I want the milestones, so I make the pleadge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Greasby
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Walsh Code
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though stretch goals are often set to numbers that they will surely hit, those do have the incentive of getting people to sign up so the goal is reached. If a goal is not hit, the company has an out and can save a little money by not delivering the item if the goal is not hit.

This daily reveal makes little sense. There is no incentive for someone to sign up. Just wait until the last day and decide if the offerings are good enough. If everything is going to be included no matter what, why not just list it all up front to entice people right away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Little
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgreasby wrote:
This daily reveal makes little sense. There is no incentive for someone to sign up. Just wait until the last day and decide if the offerings are good enough. If everything is going to be included no matter what, why not just list it all up front to entice people right away?

Normally, it would be for the sake of engagement - to keep people actively discussing and interacting with the project during the duration of the campaign. Unfortately, since Strongold isn’t really interacting with backers otherwise (very few replies to comments and messages, only one update so far even though they’ve added a new backer tier) it is giving an impression that Stronghold isn’t entirely interested in engaging with the player-base beyond providing the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Ya, I don't think they need to offer much more in the way of incentive. Seems to be working just fine ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I thought you'd look here...the answer is slightly cryptic
badge
Water has many forms, mostly in the form of hexes
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be surprised if there were 5 promo corps in total...which are the 5 missing corps that would've been in expansion 5+6 had they released them separately as originally intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fryxgames always sold their promos, as far as I know, so this isn't a big surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.