Subject: First of many questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey....I’m trying to digest the scattered rule book to enjoy this obviously good game. So, I’m writing up a guide for myself detailing step by step and consolidating rule systems.
So, I will have many questions, some of which will be minor points.
First question: when physically placing the Outpost Panel on the table, where does it go? On top of a World, Resource, Space? If so, won’t that confuse the power bars placed for treaties? If not, how is one placed in a A type system?

When mapping a system, must you use the templates for placement of Space Panels on page 20?

If you stop placing panels, can there be empty slots with no World, Resource or Space Panel?

(More to come)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sponaugle
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for working on the guide. I spent hours looking at the rulebook and still couldn't do the VERY FIRST move in the game as it wasn't clear where, what or when to do anything. I got some basic ideas but ended up just boxing it all up with a plan to re-open it when someone posts a video play-through or better directions.

I'm a TRAVELLER fan from the early 80's so I can't wait to make this game happen. Sadly, Terry (despite his good intentions) has not made this game playable via the rulebook in its present state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Rothberg
United States
Farmingdale
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Every system will have 6 pie slices. Depending on the class of the system some of them will be filled in with space (or asteroid belt or gas giant) panels, which means they are simply unavailable. When you draw Society and Resource panels they will each fill in one empty pie slice. That will leave some empty pie slices (or not, depending on how you draw). Outposts get added to those remaining empty pie slices. As for the pattern of the space tiles, it doesn't really matter, it's just the number of available pie slices that are important - not where they may be located.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks.

More: when placing World Panels during the Mapping, it’s possible to fill up all slots with Resources and Societies. If that occurs, then there are no empty slots. So, no Outposts can be placed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Rothberg
United States
Farmingdale
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yes, that is a (n unpleasant) possibility. As I recall the +1 Panels are about 1 in 4 across both the core and expansion packs, so it's not going to be common, but it certainly could happen. Somewhere or another in one of the other Rules forums there is a somewhat lengthy conversation I started about this very question. Ah, there it is - Treaties for Class C and D Systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.