Jay Nabedian
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
All out of bubblegum
mbmbmbmbmb
As a followup to my Embiggened round-bonus sheet post, here is a tutorial on using the files I uploaded to replicate it.

First, grab the files from here.
The PDF will print a set of pages, which have the various components we need to cut out and assemble. I have removed the images of birds which I grabbed from Natlia Rojas' site (Go buy some art).

Those blue symbols are registration marks that my laser cutter (Glowforge) uses to align different images. They are probably useless to you if you are just cutting things out by hand. An X-Acto will probably be fine. I added a few pages with combined images/cutlines in that case.

I glued the sheets to chipboard before cutting. I used 3M Spray adhesive 45. This stuff is super tacky and I had a lot of overspray drifting around getting on other things so you may want to do this outside.

Here are those registration marks in action. The left shows the sheet in my cutter with the cut-lines loaded but not aligned. When I press the align button, everything lines up as shown on the right.

I also use the registration to mark where I want the art cutout to go on the back. I take the cut sheet and flip it over within the leftover frame and use the art cut-sheet. I set my cutter to score instead of cut and align it. (sorry I forgot to take picture of the actual mark). I cut out the two sheets of artwork using the same registration. If you don't want the art inside the cutouts, just skip this entire step.

I applied spray adhesive to the backs of the 2 boards, tacked down the artwork into the marked spaces (optional, but then the insets might be tacky for a while), and pressed the boards back-to-back. I was in a rush to do these steps while the adhesive was fresh so I forgot to take pics of these steps.

Print, glue and cut the tiles in the same manner.

Here is the final product with the original for reference.

I applied a few coats of Mod Podge 1470 Clear Sealer to protect it, but this may be unnecessary. It also "seals" any exposed surfaces that still have the adhesive on them (mostly edges), which was a nice cheat. This stuff smells REALLY OBNOXIOUS! If you are at all sensitive to odors, do this outside! Or at least with MASSIVE amounts of ventilation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.