Subject: Flames and Frost Game ending? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Olp

Manitowoc
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the base game rules, when the game ends each player gets an equal amount of turns, so you'd go around the table back to whoever started the game.

But I recently picked up Flames and Frost, and the new player aid cards say that the game ends IMMEDIATELY when triggered. Is that a new rule or a mistake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Iezzi
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked our files and even opened up a copy, just be to sure. In both places it says the game ends at the end of the round. Here is a picture I took of the player aid: https://i.imgur.com/ZFK2xD6.jpg

If your copy says something different, would you mind posting a picture of it so that I can track down the issue?

Thanks and sorry for the confusion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Olp

Manitowoc
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah mine is different! The picture you have is what my base game cards say. Here’s my flames and Frost cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Iezzi
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's super interesting!

I did some searching and it looks like we made that change officially on the reference card during the 3rd printing (which coincided with the F&F expansion release). So, all reference cards of the VCK core game (and all expansions) from then on say that the game finishes out the round.

The card you posted does not have the "Engage An Agent" on it, meaning that it's a reference card to the base game. So either there was some super weird manufacturing error that put the wrong card in that box (which really would be quite odd) or maybe your two sets of reference cards got switched.

If you were to check on the other reference card that you have laying around, what does it say? If it has the additional action on it, then it's simply a case of the cards getting switched around. If it doesn't, then you have managed to be a part of a pretty unlikely fluke!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Olp

Manitowoc
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed it when I opened the F&F box for the first time, so no mixup! (I did double check JUST IN CASE, though!)

And I bought the Agents separately since this was the retail version of F&F, so I wasn't expecting the Agent action to be on the card since they're not in the box, but still interesting!

Either way we finish out the round as before, correct??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.