Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Peregrim
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having missed the boat on LOTRtCG for the past 9 years, I finally decided to get the core set and the first expansion as a retirement gift to myself, only to discover that Khazad-dum is nearly impossible to find for a reasonable price. My question is whether or not new mechanics are presented in Khazad-dum that are essential for continuing to collect the expansions. Can it be skipped without missing anything essential for moving forward with other sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
No expansions are mandatory. The latest, The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – The Wilds of Rhovanion, offers a great jumping off point (and you get to explore the current "meta" with everyone else. The only problem is it has already become hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify though, ownership of Khazad Dum is mandatory to play any of the Adventure Packs in the Dwarrowdelf Cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
supermaxv wrote:
Just to clarify though, ownership of Khazad Dum is mandatory to play any of the Adventure Packs in the Dwarrowdelf Cycle.

Yes, sorry for being vague, of course the Deluxe Expansion is required to play the quests from the associated cycle, thanks Ed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.