Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig
Canada
Maple Ridge
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that have been keeping an eye out for the Zombicide digital game app after development was announced a couple of years back... a release date has been announced... April 23rd! Announced a few days ago on Asmodee Digital's Twitter!

(Edited title for clarity)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Zombicide Game App has a release date!
What does this app do and for which games? Just contemporary Zombiecide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
Canada
Maple Ridge
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Zombicide Game App has a release date!
It's the digital version of the game (ie not a companion app) on IOS/Android
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh! thanks for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Frost
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Glad they focused on the best version of the game (original).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MtnFrost wrote:
Cool. Glad they focused on the best version of the game (original).
I agree!..ive had both black plague and green horde...just didn't feel right.traded them both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearly I'm too old to grasp the benefit of this, but the app is making a cooperative game into a solo game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
Canada
Maple Ridge
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously we'll have more details when it's released, but I assume if it works for Pandemic, it could work for Zombicide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if it turns Pandemic into a solo game, I'd not define that as "worked"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
Canada
Maple Ridge
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Pandemic solo on my ipad all the time, happily looking forward to playing Zombicide solo on the ipad as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It‘s out.

Edit: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/zombicide-tactics-shotguns/i...

Are there any IAP?

Did somebody download it and has any first impressions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
It‘s out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedig...

Edit: it is not the board game, but is based heavily on it. See the screenshots: "unlock at level 7"? "Extra Accuracy 1"?

Edit: holy cow: every character after the first is an additional IAP of 3 bucks (you can unlock one more for free by signing in using your Asmodee account). Forget that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Are there any IAP?

All but 2 4 of the characters are IAP, and one of them is only free if you sign in using your Asmodee account. Uninstalled/refunded.

(Edit: apparently a total of 4 (not 2) characters are unlocked after the tutorial, including the one which is unlocked by the Asmodee login. See the comments below.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
Roger the Alien wrote:
Are there any IAP?

All but 2 of the characters are IAP, and the second is only free if you sign in using your Asmodee account. Uninstalled/refunded.
Thank you for the information.

The app store didn‘t display any IAP for this app but sometimes there are still some of them.

It‘s good that I asked before paying.

*Not interested, moving on*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
The app store didn‘t display any IAP for this app but sometimes there are still some of them.

The Google store can't list individual IAPs, it can only list the price ranges of IAPs. i bought the game, was forced through the first mini-tutorial, then saw that all but two characters are IAPs (and one of the two requires having/using an Asmodee account), and immediately uninstalled it and got a refund. i don't mind IAPs as such, but making every character a separate 3€ IAP is well, well beyond what i'm willing to support.

Edit: it's possible that i overlooked other freely-unlocked characters, but every one i looked at except Doug and Josh had a price tag on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That sucks, I have a hard time paying $3 for Zombicide mini, let alone a virtual one. Thanks for saving me time and $$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adinsx X
msg tools
French answer to a comment in the french play store

Quote:
Bonjour Antoine, Zombicide est un jeu solo avec une histoire inédite s'inscrivant dans l'univers du jeu. Après le premier tutoriel, vous pourrez débloquer gratuitement trois nouveaux personnages, plus un autre en vous connectant à votre compte Asmodee ! Merci. Cordialement, Asmodee Digital

Quick translation
Quote:
Hello Antoine,
Zombicide is a solo game with a new original story in the zombicide universe. After the tutorial, you will unlock 3 new Survivors freely, and one more after the connection to your Asmodee account.
Thank, Regards. Asmodee Digital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's not quite Zombiecide, but it is close enough that if you enjoy the board game, then you will enjoy this adaptation. I did some pre-release testing and the storyline is quite engaging and enjoyable. It was like a book you can't put down. Honestly, I would have priced this app at $9.99, so at $4.99 it's a steal. The DLC characters are also kind of nice and a little bit stronger than the base ones that you can unlock for free: Doug, Amy, Phil, Josh (connect to your Asmodee account).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
The DLC characters are also kind of nice and a little bit stronger than the base ones that you can unlock for free: Doug, Amy, Phil, Josh (connect to your Asmodee account).

Which is exactly the problem with their pay-per-character approach: it allows them to create levels which are next to impossible to defeat until you buy just the right character(s). Whether they do so or not, i've no idea, but the model encourages them to do so, making it likely that they eventually will, if they don't already.

i'd have had no problem with a $10 all-in (or nearly so) price tag, or $5 plus buying additional campaigns, but their current pricing model reaks badly to me. Also, requiring an Asmodee login to unlock a character is an underhanded marketing gimmick, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many characters can be bought and how much do they cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the game as a paid character, but I wouldn't buy my own persona. That's how much I hate digital stuff behind a paywall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
How many characters can be bought and how much do they cost?

i only quickly glanced through the list, but it looked like all of the characters from the core seasons/expansions are there. (i uninstalled/refunded it, so can no longer verify exactly which ones.) (Edit: according to one review of the app, there are only 8 IAP characters.) They cost 3 Euros each, and some are available in a "bundle" of 2 characters for 5 Euros.

Note, however, that the characters are fundamentally different: different skills and an entirely different skill system. The game has been turned into a campaign-based tactical RPG. i'm not saying that's a bad thing, but be aware that the Phil/Kim/Bear you know and love aren't the same Phil/Kim/Bear that are in this game (despite having the same name and appearance).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
The DLC characters are also kind of nice and a little bit stronger than the base ones that you can unlock for free: Doug, Amy, Phil, Josh (connect to your Asmodee account).

Which is exactly the problem with their pay-per-character approach: it allows them to create levels which are next to impossible to defeat until you buy just the right character(s). Whether they do so or not, i've no idea, but the model encourages them to do so, making it likely that they eventually will, if they don't already.

i'd have had no problem with a $10 all-in (or nearly so) price tag, or $5 plus buying additional campaigns, but their current pricing model reaks badly to me. Also, requiring an Asmodee login to unlock a character is an underhanded marketing gimmick, IMO.

I ran through with the normal characters just fine. There were only a couple of levels that I had to try several times before I got through it. However, keep in mind that I can win on the Pandemic app with 7 Epidemics of Virulent Strain.

Also, you keep gaining XP to upgrade, so even if you fail a level several times, you can upgrade the characters or weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
Note, however, that they characters are fundamentally different: different skills and an entirely different skill system. The game has been turned into a campaign-based tactical RPG. i'm not saying that's a bad thing, but be aware that the Phil/Kim/Bear you know and love aren't the same Phil/Kim/Bear that are in this game (despite having the same name and appearance).

The game is described as being in the Zombicide Universe and the skills and skill system is different. I still think it is pretty good and fun. If you enjoy Zombicide, you will likely enjoy the story and gameplay as it is still turn based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |