Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
The game is described as being in the Zombicide Universe and the skills and skill system is different. I still think it is pretty good and fun. If you enjoy Zombicide, you will likely enjoy the story and gameplay as it is still turn based.

The game looks really enjoyable to me, but, based on painful experience, i cannot support a payment model which allows the publisher to "encourage", via adjustment of game difficulty, that users purchase additional content. In the parlance of the times that's called "pay to win", and i won't support it, no matter how enjoyable the game seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
The game is described as being in the Zombicide Universe and the skills and skill system is different. I still think it is pretty good and fun. If you enjoy Zombicide, you will likely enjoy the story and gameplay as it is still turn based.

The game looks really enjoyable to me, but, based on painful experience, i cannot support a payment model which allows the publisher to "encourage", via adjustment of game difficulty, that users purchase additional content. In the parlance of the times that's called "pay to win", and i won't support it, no matter how enjoyable the game seems.

You don't need to buy any additional characters. Doug, Josh, Amy, Phil, and Wanda can finish the game without any additional purchases. To be honest, I think they underpriced the base app. I'd have said $9.99 for the app since it is buy once and you don't have to buy the extra characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hale
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Meisterjäger
mbmbmbmbmb
Just purchased the game and really enjoying it so far(not to bad for 4.99),I will probably pay for the expansions one at a time upon completing the base game ...etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roopy 1
msg tools
I was really hoping for a straight port of the boardgame, unfortunately this ain't it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Roopy1 wrote:
I was really hoping for a straight port of the boardgame, unfortunately this ain't it.

No, but it is amazing for those of us who always wanted zombicide to have a campaign/legacy mode, but couldn't figure out how to do it with the components in the box. This story (as lacking as it may be in quality), along with the slow unlocking of abilities, keeping all of the weapons you find, etc., make for a different, but still very enjoyable experience.

I've played about 15 missions so far, without purchasing any extra stuff, and I'd say so far it's worth the $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
The story gets better. Trust me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchased yesterday and have enjoyed a lot! It's nice in that it won't kill off the board game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
wolvehunde wrote:
Just purchased the game and really enjoying it so far(not to bad for 4.99),I will probably pay for the expansions one at a time upon completing the base game ...etc.

Does it support Google Acheivments? I didn't see that in the store description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
wolvehunde wrote:

There are no Google Achievements. It doesn't even connect to Play Games. I will tell you that is probably a good thing. That functionality causes a lot of app connection errors in several different apps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
It doesn't even connect to Play Games.

That also implies no cloud sync unless the it has the ability to export/import to/from a cloud storage system (Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, etc.).

JamesWolfpacker wrote:
I will tell you that is probably a good thing. That functionality causes a lot of app connection errors in several different apps.

Since becoming an Androider in 2011 i've never had a game with connectivity problems related to Play services.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I don't know that there is any way to sync the game, you can log in with your asmodee account, but it doesn't let you save or restore your game, and if you start a game on one device, it doesn't carry over onto another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like some people are getting confused with this....some think its a game app like the one for descent and imperial assault etc...its not!,its a android game based on the boardgame.same heroes zombies map tiles etc.but its a completely separate game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Jormi_Boced wrote:
wolvehunde wrote:

There are no Google Achievements. It doesn't even connect to Play Games. I will tell you that is probably a good thing. That functionality causes a lot of app connection errors in several different apps.

I like achievements, so usually stick to games that support them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also known as
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
looks like some people are getting confused with this....some think its a game app like the one for descent and imperial assault etc...its not!,its a android game based on the boardgame.same heroes zombies map tiles etc.but its a completely separate game.

This is the unfortunate part in my opinion. Reading that Zombicide was going digital I was initially excited as I don't get it to the table as much as I'd like, but after trying the app I was disappointed. Maybe Asmodee shouldn't make it seem like something it's not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game is way too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Dunning
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoogoo wrote:
Game is way too easy.

I've run into a level that is not so easy and give me that feel of getting overrun like on the board game. Overall, I agree, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
deanthedream80 wrote:
Shoogoo wrote:
Game is way too easy.

I've run into a level that is not so easy and give me that feel of getting overrun like on the board game. Overall, I agree, though.

Level 6-1? That is the one I had the most difficulty with. I did give them the feedback that the game needs a higher difficulty level for alpha gamers. The easiest and most common gaming example I could give for an alpha gamer is someone who can win Panademic solo regularly enough (maybe 20%+) with 7 epidemics, preferably with virulent strain version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
deanthedream80 wrote:
Shoogoo wrote:
Game is way too easy.

Level 6-1? That is the one I had the most difficulty with. I did give them the feedback that the game needs a higher difficulty level for alpha gamers. The easiest and most common gaming example I could give for an alpha gamer is someone who can win Panademic solo regularly enough (maybe 20%+) with 7 epidemics, preferably with virulent strain version.

I hear you can beat Pandemic with 7 virulent strain epidemics. Pretty amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattrix K
msg tools
I failed 6-1 the first time. I figured out the trick is to go down the bottom to the right-hand building first, leave one character to camp the loud noise (Phil with a long range rifle) while sending the other character to clear the building and grab the loot (Wanda with dual gunblades). This prevents the major buildup at the noise maker that killed me when the doors opened at the last objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I suggest using the spoiler tag (sp) by highlighting what I did and clicking the button. Your description is not the only way either.

mattrixk wrote:
I failed 6-1 the first time. I figured out the trick is
Spoiler (click to reveal)
to go down the bottom to the right-hand building first, leave one character to camp the loud noise (Phil with a long range rifle) while sending the other character to clear the building and grab the loot (Wanda with dual gunblades). This prevents the major buildup at the noise maker that killed me when the doors opened at the last objective.

I prefer using...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Josh and Wanda because Josh with high level sawed off shotguns can pump out 8-14 rolls. Plus I found it best to not pick up the breadcrumbs and actually keep the noise area fairly clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I think if you have Josh (the character you can get for free by having an asmodee login) the game is easy to the point of being boring. Ever since getting him with dual sawed off shotguns, I haven't come close to even having to think about losing.

I think the game overall is fun, and has a lot of interesting ideas for converting the board game into a campaign experience, but it won't replace the board game experience completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.