Chronicles of Frost» Forums » Variants

Subject: Brash Hero Tweaks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Broken Axe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have tried the All That Burns expansion and I know I'm in the minority but I prefer the solo play of the base game to that of the expansion.

With that said, the Brash Hero is in my opinion, unbeatable. He could easily average 5 points per turn and that is hard to keep up with.

My two tweaks so far have been:

1. When the BH defeats an enemy, he does not acquire a card from the offer;
2. When the BH moves, he exerts himself for 1 wound to move from one location to the next.

I still have not defeated the BH with these tweaks in three plays so I'm still feeling like it is unbalanced.

Has anyone else experimented with tweaks to the BH to bring down the difficulty just a bit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
The worst pirate I've ever seen
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not unbeatable at all. But you need to rush. It's more race than strategie. And the luck is the significant factor here.
That is why I Like All That Burns solo experience better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Broken Axe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
It is not unbeatable at all. But you need to rush. It's more race than strategie. And the luck is the significant factor here.
That is why I Like All That Burns solo experience better.

I am sure the BH is beatable, but I think it is too difficult. I probably should rephrase my original post. I have finished games where the BH has only completed one quest and still lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Fdez
msg tools
badge
Son of Durin VI
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Mario, it's more like a race. Everytime I've won it was because I've been fast, have some luck and finished my quests before BH walked too much for the map buying the more expensive cards.

I don't know what I prefer, if the base game or the expansion. They provide me different feelings and different pace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have houseruled this after initially playing it wrong I believe. I have the BH take the wound value when moving between locations which I think is incorrect. Anyway it slows her down slightly making it a wee bit more winnable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.