Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi!

i've not seen solitaire reviews about this game. would you recommend it exclusively for solo play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good experience solo. I find the general puzzle rewarding, I liked mitigating the three pacing mechanics (yout score, and the 2 cultist groups). I dont know anything solo that's got a similar vein, it's got great balance. There's also a couple of variants that make it easier or harder.

I helped playtest the solo module, but I wouldn't consider myself a well versed solo boardgamer. Having said that I certainly revisit this one, If you tend to like a bit of push your luck (from the tiles) with mitigation (playing special actions to manipulate the tiles) and enjoy know how an automata is going to behave, you'll probably enjoy it.

Also, it's an easy automa, no fiddly flow chats, easy to memorize.

Have you see Both Sides of the Table's review?
https://bothsidesofmytable.com/15-of-cultist-tiles-and-occul...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your answer, Tom. i didn't know the link. it's very interesting. just now, i'm convinced to purchase the game.

i'm veteran solo player. but in my "travel", i started with heavy games and wargames, and slowly (with aging) i'm moving about more light solo games. i think (seen the solo playthrough video) Carcosa is not a light game, but it's ok by me. i hope so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played any solo wargames, other than ottoman sunset (if that counts) and similar lighter states of siege games. I wouldn't rate Carcosa as heavy, but there are some short algorithms to manage and predict moves from. It's hard to find a closer omparison and at least the setup time is quick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kennington
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Our website has a list of Retailers that sell Carcosa

https://www.onefreeelephant.co.uk/Carcosa/index.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in fact, i purchased the game in dracotienda (spain).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.