Hide
19 Posts

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » General

Subject: Where are the reviews? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

California
msg tools
Wondering why there haven't been any written or video reviews on this game yet? Seems like a lot of people have received their copies. Is there en embargo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willtoss wrote:
Wondering why there haven't been any written or video reviews on this game yet? Seems like a lot of people have received their copies. Is there en embargo?

The better question would be "Where are the games?!?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
willtoss wrote:

The better question would be "Where are the games?!?"

Mine arrives tomorrow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyan Shad
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
willtoss wrote:

I hear Jason Peacock will be doing a review, I presume it will end up on The Dice Tower. Not sure when though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"People have had the game for two days, where's my in depth review?!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:

It's common for early copies to be sent out to reviewers so they can get a head start on reviews, but I guess Monolith didn't do that with this game.

I've had mine for a week now. I would love to do a review of it but I don't really like when people play a game once and then review it (one play being all I've had time for so far).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's an icon
mbmbmbmbmb
So Wrong about Games had a review
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepodcastepisode/286458/64-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glic2003 wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

It's common for early copies to be sent out to reviewers so they can get a head start on reviews, but I guess Monolith didn't do that with this game.

I've had mine for a week now. I would love to do a review of it but I don't really like when people play a game once and then review it (one play being all I've had time for so far).

I assume any review copies were manufactured at the same time as the actual lot and reviews based on those will show up near the launch of the second campaign - Monolith doesn't really need reviews from business stand point before that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick drago
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexr wrote:

I immediately printed the player aid after listening to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:

The kickstarter for the new Anachrony expansion launched yesterday. I watched a full playthrough from Ant Lab Games last night.

Video playthroughs (from English speaking YouTubers) of brand new games isn't uncommon. Just seems like Monolith didn't really feel this was something they were interested in. (Yes, I saw the Beast of War playthroughs from a year ago.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmo Warner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
defdrago wrote:

I immediately printed the player aid after listening to this.

There's no turn flowchart, but I highly recommend this player aid over the official one for referencing skills.

They're organized by type of skill which I find makes them much easier to locate.

Also, there is a page for each hero which lists all their skills together with explanations of what they do.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/179692/batman-gcc-skill-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What!!!!
People make videos reviews of games?
I thought it was more important to watch Box Opening videos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vaderizer wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

The kickstarter for the new Anachrony expansion launched yesterday. I watched a full playthrough from Ant Lab Games last night.

Video playthroughs (from English speaking YouTubers) of brand new games isn't uncommon. Just seems like Monolith didn't really feel this was something they were interested in. (Yes, I saw the Beast of War playthroughs from a year ago.)

You may notice there is a difference between videos for a just launched ongoin KS campaign and one that is just fullfilling. I'm sure Monolith will have some videos up for the second campaign. But I don't see why they'd need reviews at this point, so unlikely they've airmailed advance copies. We will get reviews once backes have had enough time to write some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gergotz
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cyan1de wrote:
willtoss wrote:

I hear Jason Peacock will be doing a review, I presume it will end up on The Dice Tower. Not sure when though.

Honestly, his review will most likely be, "I love this game. It's great. I want to immediately play it again after I'm done."

To be fair, that's pretty much all non-Tom/Sam/Zee Dice Tower reviews in a nutshell.

I doubt there will be very critical reviews of this for a long time. I'm pretty sure nearly everyone who backed this to play knew they would like it and find enjoyment out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Perry
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
vaderizer wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

You may notice there is a difference between videos for a just launched ongoin KS campaign and one that is just fullfilling. I'm sure Monolith will have some videos up for the second campaign. But I don't see why they'd need reviews at this point, so unlikely they've airmailed advance copies. We will get reviews once backes have had enough time to write some.

I don't know how the developer/reviewer process works. But I do know for example that Wingspan released about a month ago, and a couple months prior to that, my YouTube feed was full of Rodney, Rhado, Ant Lab and others featuring full reviews or playthroughs. And more kept coming over the next several weeks.

I was just hoping for something similar for BGCC.

Fingers crossed that it's coming, but I'm not expecting so. At least not based on the comments dropped here by Monolith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Weidenbach
msg tools
vaderizer wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
vaderizer wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

I don't know how the developer/reviewer process works. But I do know for example that Wingspan released about a month ago, and a couple months prior to that, my YouTube feed was full of Rodney, Rhado, Ant Lab and others featuring full reviews or playthroughs. And more kept coming over the next several weeks.

I was just hoping for something similar for BGCC.

Fingers crossed that it's coming, but I'm not expecting so. At least not based on the comments dropped here by Monolith.

But Wingspan hits the normal retail market, of course there are reviews. But Batman will only available through kickstarter. If you see a review now, you cant't buy it, thats not going to help someone. Monolith will advertise when the second kickstarter launches and I guess they will put some reviews on the kickstarter page, because then you can buy the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The point people are making is that why should Monolith rush and pay extra to get copies into reviewers hands right now, when the marketing from it would be pretty wasted because there is no way to buy it at the moment.

Better to have some reviews coming in in June when the 2nd Kickstarter is live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a BIG game. I know that there are some reviewers that backed it. But do you really want a "I've played this once and it's the best game in the world" review?

Big games take time to review "correctly." For example, I have played more than 15 time. But not the final version. Protos. And the same scenario. Give us chance to play the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

California
msg tools
Touchfuzzy wrote:
The point people are making is that why should Monolith rush and pay extra to get copies into reviewers hands right now, when the marketing from it would be pretty wasted because there is no way to buy it at the moment.

Better to have some reviews coming in in June when the 2nd Kickstarter is live.

That seems to be the case! Thanks for clarifying everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.