9 Posts

DinoGenics» Forums » General

Subject: New Rulebook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
Hello everyone. With new people receiving the game from the retail sale I’ve started to see some more questions coming in again. I would just like to let everyone who may have missed it know that we have a new reworked rulebook well in development. You can download it here.

To answer a couple questions about this in advance:

This will be the rulebook in the 2nd print run of the game.

Yes, we are making a printed version of this available during the 2nd Kickstarter campaign. The upgrade pack will have its own pledge level and will also be available as an add-on for people who want the expansion.

We are still waiting on the manufacturing price of the upgrade pack but we expect to be able to offer it for $10 or less.

If you have any comments or questions about the new rulebook feel free to send them to info@ninthhaven.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link; for the upgrade pack are you able to include a sticker (or some other fix, though I think sticker is easiest?) for Dinogenics IOM, to fix the typo on the game board? It probably shouldn't bother me, but it really does seem to stick out like a sore thumb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Knapp
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just want to shout out that the new rule book is like night and day compared to the old.

Really great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you just fixing typos, or adding rules clarifications or actually changing some rules? What is the scope of the new manual?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
This entire method of handling it shows how much respect you have for your customers and exactly how to run a game company. I wish other companies would take note.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, great news. You mentioned "working on" a new rulebook. When do you expect it to be final? I'd print out a "final" version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
vangamer1578 wrote:
Thanks for the link; for the upgrade pack are you able to include a sticker (or some other fix, though I think sticker is easiest?) for Dinogenics IOM, to fix the typo on the game board? It probably shouldn't bother me, but it really does seem to stick out like a sore thumb.

Stickers are under consideration. In my experience a lot of people don’t like the idea of putting stickers on their components but in this case it is really the only cost effective option. It would be two, one for the Main Board and one for the Visitor Board. The Visitor Board itself is not a typo, just a change in how we are referring to seasons in the new rulebook. (Pre-season is no longer referenced)

carbon_dragon wrote:
Are you just fixing typos, or adding rules clarifications or actually changing some rules? What is the scope of the new manual?

It’s mostly clarifications. There are a few edge case rules that were needlessly complex that we have simply streamlined. Most of this is covered in the new “Proper Habitats” section.

Ghorro wrote:
Awesome, great news. You mentioned "working on" a new rulebook. When do you expect it to be final? I'd print out a "final" version.

Very soon. By the end of the month most likely. The version posted above is already 95% of the way there. It is just a couple sentences that need a touch up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that the DNA Archive tile has been errata'ed or clarified so that it scores 1VP per unique card in the boneyard, rather than 1VP per card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
I noticed that the DNA Archive tile has been errata'ed or clarified so that it scores 1VP per unique card in the boneyard, rather than 1VP per card.

Oh that's a welcome change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.