Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The basic ideas for next spring's Smash Up expansion have been decided, and while the design is still evolving, it is far enough along to start playtesting. The schedule will be fairly tight: we need to get the playtesting done during the 12 weeks of April 22 to July 15.

So, if you are interested, assemble a group of playtesters who meet the following criteria:

1. A love of Smash Up, and ownership of at least a couple of SU sets.

2. A commitment to play at least three 2-player games or two 3- or 4-player games each week.

3. A large enough group to meet that commitment.
Not every team member needs to be at each session, and it's OK if some are gone for a while on vacation, but the team as a whole needs to be able to play each week. In practice this has worked out to be about 4-6 players. A few teams have had more than 6 or less than 4, but they were reliable.

4. Reading and writing comprehension of English.

5. The submission of regular reports of your playtest sessions, giving both objective stats and subjective judgements.

6. An understanding that playtesting is different than simply playing games for fun, including:
- The use of print-and-play cards.
- A rapidly evolving design.
- A willingness to try any situation to see what happens, even if it isn't one you would choose just for fun.
- A willingness to see Smash Up design move in directions you are not used to.

7. A sense of fun, friendliness, and fair play.

If you are interested and have a qualified group, send me a GeekMail about your interest -- click on the envelope icon above my avatar to the left -- and include "Smash Up playtest" in the subject line of the GeekMail. I will then respond with further instructions.

I am sorry that this call is coming in the middle of what is a holiday week for many (including myself), but that is how it worked out this time.

Based on past experience, this call will probably end quickly, perhaps tomorrow. So be decisive!

Edit: As expected, I already have more responses in my GeekMail inbox than I can accept. Therefore,

The call for playtesters is closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CALL FOR PLAYTESTERS for the Spring 2020 SU expansion
I hope to respond to everyone who has contacted me tomorrow. If not, it will be as soon afterward as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.