Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Hostage Negotiator» Forums » General

Subject: Want to play a mini 3-year Career to experience the Career Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Who wants to play a mini 3 year Career of Hostage Negotiator: Career?

Because that is happening soon, probably beginning Friday. The Career will continue throughout the KS campaign that starts on April 30th and is completely free* for anyone who wants to experience it.

*you must own HN though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok here we go folks!

Oh, one thing to note real quick. This mini-campaign is completely made up and none of the cards with story events in this mini-campaign are actually in the Career Expansion. The rules and overall structure are, however, exactly the same as what you will find in Career.

First things first, go ahead and print this Career Sheet.

Set your starting Stress levels and Merit level on the shaded areas, you can circle with a pencil or use a game piece of your choice to track your stats. Go ahead and write your name on your business card as well, so we can get your badge and credentials processed, Officer! Speaking of Officer, here is your Rank Card.

Now let’s begin! It is Year 1…

The first Phase of each year is The Stressor Event phase. In Year 1, you won’t have any Stressors yet so we can skip right on through this for now.

Phase 2 is The Career Event phase. So we have to draw a Career Event card and resolve it. It will be one of several for each given year of the campaign, that you will draw one from at random.

In some years, you will add new Campaign Abductor cards to the Campaign Abductor deck. In Year 1, you will add the following Abductors to the deck: Arkayne (HN base), Donna (HN base), Edward (HN base), Lijah (HNCW), Seaver (AP6). If you don't have all of these right now, don't worry. Just use what you have.

Let's take a look at the event...

It really is quite simple… read the text of the event. You have 2 choices. Go ahead and make your choice now… you might want to consider how your choice could impact your stress levels and your life in general.

Got it? Ok well let’s take a look at the results… to do so, we’ll hold our red viewfinder over the choice we made and resolve it.

If you decided to "Check the Bulletin Board for Anything of Interest" read the resolution below. Otherwise, scroll past the first one for the resolution to "Head Outside for A Smoke".

"Check the Bulletin Board for Anything of Interest"
Spoiler (click to reveal)

+1 CS means you need to increase your Career Stress by one. Note that higher stress is NOT a good thing.

or

"Head Outside for A Smoke"
Spoiler (click to reveal)

+1 PS means you need to increase your Personal Stress by one. Note that higher stress is NOT a good thing. Additionally, you have gained a Stressor. When this happens, we find the Stressor Cards labeled "Cigarettes", shuffle them and put one at random in the Active Stressor Deck. This is the first Stressor you've gotten, so it is the first card in the deck.

Whatever you chose, go ahead and adjust the stat on your Career Sheet! If a Stressor was gained, that card was added to the Stressor Deck. One Stressor from the deck will be resolved in the first phase of each Year!
Finally, let’s take a look at the CRISIS! Section of the Career Event card by flipping it upside down…

It looks like you have a job to do! When your Career starts, only certain Abductors can show up when you draw one at random from the Campaign Abductor Deck. Now you would draw one to see who you will be playing against in phase 3, the Negotiation Phase. Since this mini-campaign is presented remotely go ahead and select a random abductor from those in the deck (Arkayne, Donna, Edward, Lijah, or Seavers) by a random method of your choice.

It is now Phase 3 - The Negotiation Phase. Set up and play a game of Hostage Negotiator against the abductor you chose at random. When you are finished, mark the results on your Career Sheet!

This campaign will be continued once the Hostage Negotiator: Career KS launches (April 30th!)and in the first update of the Hostage Negotiator: Career Kickstarter we will end the first Year by resolving Phase 4 - The Personal Event Phase! We hope to see you all there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to I want to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Dalen
Germany
Tübingen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds very cool, subscribed! I look forward to finding out what HN:Career is all about
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I picked up an all-in copy of Crime Wave just in time!! It's even on my table as I write this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Slowiak
United States
New Lenox
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds fun! Can't wait to try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Viruete
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Godfrey
France
Lissac
flag msg tools
badge
Never fear, Doc Savage is here!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, saw the vid on Youtube, definitely in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Simpson
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Got to give this a go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buckmaster
United States
Modesto
CALIFORNIA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Tridello
Italy
Forli'
FC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1
I'm totally in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let’s go!

In
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Hess
Germany
Hannover
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely In
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Rachwał
Poland
Gostyń
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marek jakistam
Poland
jaworzno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si Barnes
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Defo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
YEP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elmar Van Kordenoordt
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
+1, in as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Viveen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
Infected! Soon you all belong to me...
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I don't own HN yet (and need the campaign to start to get it) it's no use playing

*waves Tin Man card goodbye*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crowprincess wrote:
Since I don't own HN yet (and need the campaign to start to get it) it's no use playing

Anyone who gets HN Career will have an opportunity to get The Tin Man, so don't lose hope!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Paltrineri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have to say, looking over the email you sent with the mini expansion, you guys are incredible! That's a pretty big chunk of content to be giving away for free, when you could just have easily only made it available on the KS. In general, I think you guys are a really great company. I've never been sorry when I've backed one of your campaigns, and I've always regretted it when I haven't. Keep up the great work, you guys rock!

I can't wait to try out the mini expansion, and I'm even more excited to back the new KS. Plus, Caruso Crew comes in a few days, so double bonus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
teacherboy wrote:
I just have to say, looking over the email you sent with the mini expansion, you guys are incredible! That's a pretty big chunk of content to be giving away for free, when you could just have easily only made it available on the KS. In general, I think you guys are a really great company. I've never been sorry when I've backed one of your campaigns, and I've always regretted it when I haven't. Keep up the great work, you guys rock!

I can't wait to try out the mini expansion, and I'm even more excited to back the new KS. Plus, Caruso Crew comes in a few days, so double bonus!

Thanks Steve! Much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Viveen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
Infected! Soon you all belong to me...
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
Crowprincess wrote:

Anyone who gets HN Career will have an opportunity to get The Tin Man, so don't lose hope!

*keeps Hope hostage until that opportunity rises* No negotiations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.