Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Jubilation Martin
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to the Austro-Hungarian medals, there seem to be some extra medals in the game, similar to the ones in Zeppelin Raider (like the Combat Badge), that I can't find any info on in the rules. What's up with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Lindsey
United States
Gustine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found them all. Which one were you having trouble finding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brian,

Right at the start of rules section 11.3 is where you'll probably find what you're looking for. The introduction to that section quickly goes through the rules for awarding a few medals (U-boat War Badge, Iron Cross 2nd and 1st Class, Naval Wound Badge in Black, and the Iron Crescent) that are for historical flavor only (i.e. they don't have any effect on gameplay, but they look nice lined up on the U-boat mat, and they help you remember the patrols when you got them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jubilation Martin
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm an idiot. I was looking for a picture of each, then I was looking under the crew injury and successful mission sections (since I figured they were the same as in Zeppelin Raider). Who knew reading comprehension was the key?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Grimmond
Australia
flag msg tools

Not only do they look nice lined up as counters Ian... Over time, I have purchased replicas of each of the medals you mentioned in game - now that looks good placed near the play charts whilst conducting your missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Cooper
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I did the same. There are some really nice reproductions available these days. It adds a bit of flair to the game, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.