Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens to the gears you get during a scenario and you cannot equip it ?
Example: You have a 2-handed weapon and find another one.
I have read the rulebook and didn't see anything about it unless I missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
---------ViSiT---------- ------------------------- DockingBay416.com -------------------------- ----------for some---------- -------------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
This happens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For Trinkets, the rules make it clear in multiple places that you can equip any new Trinkets you find during an Adventure. I also cannot find anything about what happens if you find non-Trinket items during an Adventure.

Quote:
34.2 A hero is allowed to equip multiple trinkets if they gain one or more trinkets during an adventure.

51.4 A hero can equip up to one armor (ARMOR-ICON) card, a number of item cards that have a total of two or fewer hand icons (two SINGLE-HAND items or one DOUBLE-HAND item), and one trinket (TRINKET-ICON).
=> A hero is allowed to equip multiple trinkets if they gain one or more trinkets during an adventure.

109.1 When a hero gains a trinket, the app specifies the name of the trinket that the hero gains. Then, the hero takes the specified trinket from the trinket deck and equips it.
=> During an adventure, if a hero already has a trinket equipped, they can still equip any new trinkets they gain.

109.2 During the adventure in which a trinket is gained, only the specific hero who gained that trinket can equip it.
=> After each adventure, all equipped trinkets are returned to the party’s inventory.

109.4 Unlike other items, trinkets belong to the entire party instead of individual heroes.
=> During setup before each adventure, each hero can equip one trinket from among all the trinkets that the heroes have gained.
=> The item menu in the app tracks all the trinkets that the heroes have gained during a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpig72 wrote:
What happens to the gears you get during a scenario and you cannot equip it ?
Example: You have a 2-handed weapon and find another one.
I have read the rulebook and didn't see anything about it unless I missed it.

May I ask if you have found such an item, and if so what it is?

My understanding is that you can find trinkets during the adventure, but not armor or hand items. If I remember correctly, all of the armor and hand items, other than starting items, are upgrades to lower-level items, and require a lore threshold to acquire. Perhaps the original question is a hypothetical that cannot occur?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Boy wrote:
May I ask if you have found such an item, and if so what it is?

My understanding is that you can find trinkets during the adventure, but not armor or hand items. If I remember correctly, all of the armor and hand items, other than starting items, are upgrades to lower-level items, and require a lore threshold to acquire. Perhaps the original question is a hypothetical that cannot occur?

I was hypothetical since the game is coming out today (a day after the original post).
But it would make sense that player can only find trinkets during the playthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpig72 wrote:

I was hypothetical since the game is coming out today (a day after the original post).
But it would make sense that player can only find trinkets during the playthrough.

Sylvain, I don't see why finding armor and/or hand items during an adventure couldn't be added in an expansion, if they decided to do so. My guess is you would have to choose which item to be equipped, and the unequipped item would then go face down or set aside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Boy wrote:
Warpig72 wrote:

Sylvain, I don't see why finding armor and/or hand items during an adventure couldn't be added in an expansion, if they decided to do so. My guess is you would have to choose which item to be equipped, and the unequipped item would then go face down or set aside.

That would be nice and adding even more customization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.