Endeavor: Age of Sail» Forums » General

Subject: New or Different cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Tibbits
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Hey I was wondering if anyone has seen or thought of making new or different cards so they are not the same every game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how much difference that would make...

One thing that *does* make a difference without changing the decks is choice of exploits. By incentivizing different regions each game, you encourage players to focus on regions other than those that focus on symbols that fit their usual strategy.

I haven't played with exploits nearly as much as I'd like (because I often play with new players), but you can pick the sets of exploits to manipulate this focus. For example, you can:
* Pick three exploits that share a common region. That region will tend to be sought after, as will the other three regions on the exploits, while the others are available, but less important.
* Pick three exploits that form a triangle. Those three will be equally important, and the remaining three less important.

This way you can shift the focus and feel of the game each time you play.

(Or, if you want to level the playing field (in terms of region importance), you can pick a set of three exploits that focus on different regions completely!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coldwater7 wrote:
Hey I was wondering if anyone has seen or thought of making new or different cards so they are not the same every game?

I’m curious how you think this would make the game more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coldwater7 wrote:

I think they are working on an expansion with all new buildings. That would change things up beyond the exploits.

I guess you could build your own decks too by randomizing the 5,4...1 cards of the regions. Not sure what else could be done with different decks unless there are completely new combos added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarratt Gray
New Zealand
Upper Hutt
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Coldwater7 wrote:

Of course I have. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jarratt wrote:
Coldwater7 wrote:

Of course I have. ;-)

And the winner of the award for "Most Pregnant Pause in an Online Board Games Forum" goes to...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.