Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Weaver
Australia
Altona
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Folks,

Have only been playing with the base box while waiting for all other expansions to turn up.

Now the boats are on the way, i see the continent should effectively double in size/content once everything else is splodged into the decks.

Am currently just warming up by playing only the base and a few curses, and am now keenly looking forward to whats in store. Nary a peep or spoiler have come out from what i've rummaged around looking - so its all going to be surprises.

What are people looking forward to?

Goat on Goat up!... If only i hadn't et it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Do what you love with the ones you love
badge
Gotta love the duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Double? I haven't even explored it yet! Wave 2 only guy here waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting

But now the boat is close and I can see land on the horizon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Heyming
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm enthused! This is maybe my favorite game (base box only) and the prospect of 7 (or is it 8?) new curses, plus new heros and game modes. I can't wait!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to be a fun Summer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan O'Neill
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Doc... I’m from the future. I came here in a Time Machine that you invented.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can’t wait for those alternate, fresh cards for well-worn areas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Weaver
Australia
Altona
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Freshening up old areas - yup! even just extra exploration cards will add a nice mix into the game.. Always need to pass over old ground -and the new bits and pieces will be a lovely change - especially when im playing just base box at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaella CG
Israel
flag msg tools
mb
Mostly I'm looking forward to new curses, I've played each of the seven at least twice, so I'm looking for a new challenge to puzzle out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
flag msg tools
Any speculation on where the "The Continent Gets Bigger" stretch goals are going to attach? They're not cloud backed so the answer isn't "up".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaella CG
Israel
flag msg tools
mb
perzquixle wrote:
Any speculation on where the "The Continent Gets Bigger" stretch goals are going to attach? They're not cloud backed so the answer isn't "up".

I think they'll need to be island/s reachable only through tunnels/flying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
flag msg tools
I suppose raft too if they have some beach replacement cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
flag msg tools
Or they could have an underground maze of shortcuts all over the island with entrances hidden in alternate terrain cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Isenor
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafaella wrote:
perzquixle wrote:

I hadn't even thought of that possibility. I hope this indeed is the case.

This is definitely my most anticipated arrival this year. I think I was more excited for the base game last year, but the desire to see all the new content is growing as the ship draws nearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JATL
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All this positivity is making me reconsider flipping my pledge when it arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the Cthulhu expansion coming out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Heyming
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm way more excited for the zombie expansion, than the Cathulgthu one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafaella wrote:
perzquixle wrote:

They can extend some existing areas directly too, as long as what they add isn't required by a curse.

They'd just have to place the entrance to a new area on an alternative version of an existing terrain card. There'd just be a 50/50 chance you draw it when you visited that space. Probably unacceptably random for required content, but for a hidden secret, I think it would work well.

We're not brimming over with terrain edges ripe for this kind of expansion, but there's a few good candidates:

The underground areas have sparse layouts with a lot of room to make passage that turn left instead of right.

The southern swamp has a long border that isn't a coast line. Something could attach there with the possibility of multiple entrances from different directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Isenor
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
Rafaella wrote:
perzquixle wrote:

They can extend some existing areas directly too, as long as what they add isn't required by a curse.

They'd just have to place the entrance to a new area on an alternative version of an existing terrain card. There'd just be a 50/50 chance you draw it when you visited that space. Probably unacceptably random for required content, but for a hidden secret, I think it would work well.

We're not brimming over with terrain edges ripe for this kind of expansion, but there's a few good candidates:

The underground areas have sparse layouts with a lot of room to make passage that turn left instead of right.

The southern swamp has a long border that isn't a coast line. Something could attach there with the possibility of multiple entrances from different directions.

I've often thought it would be neat if the cave with the torch symbol lead somewhere more significant. It already has a number of things attached to it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederieke Westerveld
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I'm actually mostly excited to try out the mini-expansions like 'comfort creatures'. But that's because I am a girly girl and like to move around the continent with an entourage of shiny, happy animals, while picking herbs and finding a purpose for that new type of carnivorous plant I've discovered here and named 'Berney'.

Jake In Oz wrote:

Goat on Goat up!... If only i hadn't et it...

*GASP* How... could you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaella CG
Israel
flag msg tools
mb
freakstyle wrote:
I'm actually mostly excited to try out the mini-expansions like 'comfort creatures'. But that's because I am a girly girl and like to move around the continent with an entourage of shiny, happy animals, while picking herbs and finding a purpose for that new type of carnivorous plant I've discovered here and named 'Berney'.

Did your ex-husband like to chew gum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.