Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Leaving Earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Returning With Samples/Experiments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pieter Van Keer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can samples be strapped to a rocket and send by itself.

Example: land probe on Ceres with Ion Thruster, find valuable minerals, collect sample, "Rendezvous" the ion thruster and sample from probe, fire ion thruster With sample, so you dont carry the dead weight of the probe.

Is this the same with supplies/experiments/and all other components found in expansions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Decerto wrote:
Can samples be strapped to a rocket and send by itself.

Example: land probe on Ceres with Ion Thruster, find valuable minerals, collect sample, "Rendezvous" the ion thruster and sample from probe, fire ion thruster With sample, so you dont carry the dead weight of the probe.

Yes!

Quote:
Is this the same with supplies/experiments/and all other components found in expansions?

I believe so, but I am not as familiar with the expansion rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A valid spacecraft has enough seats for all the astronauts on board.

That's it.

Even without ions, you can strap a series of one-use rockets to a sample and burn them until there's just the sample left to re-enter from Earth Orbit.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
A valid spacecraft has enough seats for all the astronauts on board.

That's it.

Even without ions, you can strap a series of one-use rockets to a sample and burn them until there's just the sample left to re-enter from Earth Orbit.


Or even get the sample to a stable orbit somewhere, then send another rocket to rendezvous with the sample to bring it home.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.