Xia: Legends of a Drift System» Forums » Variants

Subject: Use for Dev Kit counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Minardi
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I just got my first Dev Kits and had some ideas for some of the counters.

For the white ship stand counters: A one-time use skin that you put on as an action. From when you put it on to the the start of your next turn you are another ship to the rest of the board. You may enter lawful planets, even if you are in reality an outlaw. You have no bounty so you will not be targeted by the enforcer unless you get a bounty after applying the skin. Any NPC that was targeting you will break target. (i.e An NPC that you may have attacked before you used the skin will no longer target you.) The scoundrel will target you unless you collect a bounty after you put on the skin. If you get a bounty while using the skin that bounty disappears after you remove it. You will revert to your original bounty when you remove your skin. You may remove the skin as an action if it is to your advantage. It must be removed at the beginning of your next turn. Once removed it is discarded. Cost 1,000 Cr each. They take up no hold spaces. Skins have no value and cannot be resold during a business phase.

For any shaped 3-square white outfit: A use marker trivet. As an action a used marker that is on any outfit may be moved to the trivet. This would allow a fourth movement or a reshoot of a weapon. This does not provide an extra use marker. Cost 1,000 Cr each. They must be fitted into the hold of the ship as any other outfit.

For any shaped 4-square white outfit: This outfit provides another use marker. Use the extra marker that came with the base game or use an unused color. This marker sits on the outfit when charged. This marker must be recharged as any other marker. If this use marker is not recharged at the end of the turn place it in this discharged marker area of your ship mat. Cost 2,000 Cr. The outfit must be fit into the hold of the ship.

A ship may have multiple trivets and multiple extra use markers. The only limit is what fits in the ship's hold. Trivets and extra use markers may be sold in the same manner as any other outfit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
You will need the two square counters to make more relics, if you print the thirty two sector fan expansion

You will need extra exploration tokens as well (although we add in a bunch of worthless "X" tokens from the base game to keep a win almost exclusively from exploration from being viable) so a lot of the blanks are purposed from my kits.

With too many exploration points you need to make them more of a gamble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.