Near and Far» Forums » General

Subject: Mini's? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Tibbits
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Hello everyone, I am wondering if anyone has replaced there standees with minis? I thought I saw somewhere, that someone 3d printed some minis for there game but I can not find the post again.

So has anyone thought about this or actually done it ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m interested too! Red Raven - I’d jump in on a kickstarter for the next expansion and get the add on minis . Kind of really want to see some of Ryan Laukat’s character art translated to minis now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Meeplesource do some Near and Far painted meeples:

https://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=NearFarChar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
Meeplesource do some Near and Far painted meeples:

https://www.meeplesource.com/proddetail.php?prod=NearFarChar...

Cute... but not quite what I had in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add my voice to this. I took a look at meeplesource and nearly bought a set, but something closer to what CMON do with their more cartoony characters would be brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shea
Germany
Nußloch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For balance I'll add a no vote here. I am actually suffering from Kickstarter mini exhaustion. I don't think every game needs a mini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with the minority that doesn't feel a want or need for minis. With the expansion, the box is already stuffed to the brim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imars wrote:
For balance I'll add a no vote here. I am actually suffering from Kickstarter mini exhaustion. I don't think every game needs a mini.
I definitely think minis are out of place in Near & Far and I have no interest in them.

Obviously if they were added as an optional add-on, I wouldn't care, but if they were bundled with gameplay content in a future expasion, I'd be miffed -- minis would definitely stop me from buying an expansion (because they inflate the price of the product for something I really don't want).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.