Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Loomis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The CL (Continuing League) is an awesome historical fantasy baseball league that runs on the Strat-o-matic engine!

Each owner in the league has a roster of players and finances to manage their team. Owners set their lineup, pitching rotations, and other managerial instructions and the game engine plays 30 to 40 games in the season at a time. Trades are allowed at certain points during the season so owners can buy, sell, and trade players. At the end of each season owners can choose a few players to keep for the next season. The remaining players, along with all incoming rookies, are distributed to the owners to start the next season through a blind auction as the league continues to the next season.

Owners are geographically spread across North America and email is used as the primary method of communication.

There are many fun an interesting things about the league. One is that at any given point in time you know how each player did for the rest of his career in real life. The interesting question is how to value players for the auction and for trading. It's generally a liquid market so there are often multiple owners looking to buy or deal away similar players. Another thing I like is that owners basically set their own goals ... one owner just tries to have a winning record every year, other owners go through big rebuild efforts focused solely on winning championship rings, while at the same time other owners build large bank accounts looking for the just the right bargains.

The league started with the 1946 season and we are now in the 1970 season. We play about 4 CL seasons in one calendar year.

An owner had to recently drop from the league so we now have an opening for one lucky baseball fan. Reply if you're interested in learning more and I can point you to the league website and answer any questions.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might possibly be interested; it would heavily depend on the time commitment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Steffen
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'd definitely like to check out your site and get some more information about the league. Sounds interesting.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Loomis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Todd and Ryan!

I will geekmail both of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.