6 Posts

Field Commander: Napoleon» Forums » General

Subject: Modifiers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Varney
Australia
flag msg tools
When a Battle Plan has an attack modifier of say +4/+0 can someone explain why there is a forward slash and another number. What is the second number for in modifier of say +4/+4. What do both of the numbers mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second number modifies the superscript combat value of the unit (i.e. the number which gives you 2 successes when rolled).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Varney
Australia
flag msg tools
Can you give me an example?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavalry units have a combat value, plus a superscript combat value. When you add a modifier, the first number is added to the base combat value, the second number is added to the superscript.

So, a 6_3 Cavalry unit with a +4/+4 modifier becomes a 10_7 unit. This means that they will score 1 hit on a roll of 10 or less, and 2 hits on a roll of 7 or less.

If a unit does not have a superscript combat value originally (i.e. infantry units), they would now gain one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Christianv wrote:

If a unit does not have a superscript combat value originally (i.e. infantry units), they would now gain one.

...”they would now gain...” a superscript, for a total of 4 as per the example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
hagshollow wrote:
When a Battle Plan has an attack modifier of say +4/+0 can someone explain why there is a forward slash and another number. What is the second number for in modifier of say +4/+4. What do both of the numbers mean?

This question should be in the rules forum I believe, not general...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.