Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken K
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?31067-Cylon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man they look great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm eager to grab some...but... seems we're diverging from the show pretty quickly...I don't remember a captured Heavy Raider nor Boomer as CAG???

I also find it curious that they went with the minigun on the raptors before the missile racks. Maybe there will be a "missile" wave at some point closer to when they release the larger ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt W
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
The noise electric never stops, in Heartbeat City
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember that either, but it's been a long time since I watched the show. It might not be the final version of her card?. That Raptor ship card shows zero attack, zero structure, and zero acceleration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, not the classics.

Still waiting for the classic BG ships to arrive before I buy in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James P. E. Reynolds
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abbcampbell wrote:
I'm eager to grab some...but... seems we're diverging from the show pretty quickly...I don't remember a captured Heavy Raider nor Boomer as CAG???

I also find it curious that they went with the minigun on the raptors before the missile racks. Maybe there will be a "missile" wave at some point closer to when they release the larger ships?

I believe they are using the more modern version of CAG - Carrier Air Wing/Group.

Are those missile pods under the assault raptor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jetcougar wrote:

Are those missile pods under the assault raptor?

I'm not sure what they were called / if they ever had a name in the show, I just remember seeing them at one of the larger conflicts in the series...I think third or fourth season.

I'll see if I can't find them sometime this weekend. I'm home recovering from a surgery, and binge re-watching BSG sounds like a fun way to pass some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abbcampbell wrote:
I'm eager to grab some...but... seems we're diverging from the show pretty quickly...I don't remember a captured Heavy Raider

There were at least two. One landed into the Galactica, ramming it, in Scattered. Another was captured by Boomer in The Farm, and used to rescure Starbuck. If I remember well, it's then Starbuck to fly it to Galactica with Boomer as a passenger.

The only speculative thing of the Ares Games one is the Colonial color scheme.

In Lay Down Your Burden, there is a reference to "the captured Heavy Raider", hence somebody says that only one of the two was serviceable at the moment (maybe the second, and the one crashed into Galactica was not). But this is a guess.

According to the Battlestar Wiki, Lay Down Your Burden page:

Quote:
In the podcast, Ron Moore states that originally instead of Starbuck, Helo, and Sharon leading the other Raptors in another Raptor, they would have been flying in the captured Heavy Raider itself. However, the 2 part season finale went over budget and cuts had to be made, and the cost of building the Heavy Raider interior was deemed prohibitively expensive. Thus, they bring the Heavy Raider computer/organ with them in a normal Raptor. Moore said he believed that fans "wouldn't miss" an actual appearance by the Heavy Raider.

Source: https://en.battlestarwikiclone.org/wiki/Lay_Down_Your_Burden...

We are far less mean than the producers of the shows, always cutting corners, so we give you a fully operational captured Heavy Raider for such a mission and others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:

There were at least two.

Right you are! Thanks for jogging my memory!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You welcome. Andrea Mainini and me had some dose of watching and rewatching the show before designing the game. And during. And after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! Love the image from Clockwork... I guess there are worse things to binge watch. Thank heaven it wasn't "The Apprentice," the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I was joking but it’s a great show indeed to watch. Even several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
atlantis odisea
msg tools
mb
The only thing that I do not like is that the raptor with guns seems smaller than the raptor without guns. Can not be at the same scale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
atlantis227 wrote:
The only thing that I do not like is that the raptor with guns seems smaller than the raptor without guns. Can not be at the same scale?

I hope this isn't the case. That would be so odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic Mas
msg tools
atlantis227 wrote:

Thats just a render not the actual box. If you go and look for the images from the con where the ship where shown they are the same size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.