Catacombs Conquest» Forums » Rules

Subject: naff question: is there a definition of what counts as a "flick"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
More Meeples
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got the game, looks fantastic.

Reading the rules, is there anything to define what counts as a flick and what doesn't?

The pen-flicking games I used to play in school would often turn into debates about what counted as a proper flick - but maybe this just isn't an issue at all.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
momeeps wrote:
Just got the game, looks fantastic.

Reading the rules, is there anything to define what counts as a flick and what doesn't?

The pen-flicking games I used to play in school would often turn into debates about what counted as a proper flick - but maybe this just isn't an issue at all.

Cheers

I think it's mainly left to what the players feel comfortable with. Some people just can't get the hang of it. It's kind of like sports in that you have a bit of a friendly agreement to act in a sportsmanlike way.

My friend just cannot get the hang of the "make an okay sign, put pressure on your index finger until it's released" method. So he always just stick out his index finger and gives a quick jab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Dorpmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good question, but I think it's just something you can decide with who you're playing with. If you want a "official" answer, you can see how the designer plays:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/143092/catacombs-castles/sne...

He flicks by just using one finger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.