Subject: How solo-able is sorcerer ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everyone,

I fully know Sorcerer is not meant to be played solo but I have recently received the game and I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and I was considering taking with me a few decks to play 2-handed to get a feel for the game and combos before introducing it to my playing group.
What do you think ?
When I was younger I used to solo MTG to get a feel for my different decks so I guess it should be doable for Sorcerer, all the more so that there are, unles I am mistaken, no instants, no combat tricks...

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayden Kimber
msg tools
It is possible if its just a feel for the game, it woulda kinda be the samebas MTG solo but it really detracts from the strategy.

An easy example is what my daughter did to me earlier.
Stacking my side of the field with minions, i saw she was saving energy but assumed it was for her large vampire....
Unfortunately for me she had and played as the last action, amathaunta (miseldas legendary creature), sending all my army back to my hand, saving the board and over the next few turns winning it for her.

Guess the saving grace would be the randomness of dice roll. It would still be interesting to see how fate has them fall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Hill
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't solo this for fun or a challenge, but I did it once to get a good feel for the rules and it was fun enough while doing that. Definitely not a full-time solo experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.